grumpybadger

Alan Rickman
Name
Paul Beastall
Edit My Images
Yes
Another one from recent exploits in Scotland:

EOS-1D MkIV, EF 500 f/4L IS, tripod, Acratech Long Lens Head, hide

I was mainly trying to get chaffinches fighting whilst in flight but didn't manage to get the framing on any of them (they were a bit too tight in the frame with the 500) or (on just one) there wasn't enough depth of field.

So, I ended up with lots of single birds in flight to pass the time...

Thanks for looking

Paul

Sorry you didn't get the shot you were after Paul . Still a very nice second prize (y)

Paul, that has to be one of the best in flight bird shots I have seen, Awesome, one for the calendar next year? (y)

The wings look almost angel like, its a great shot Paul (y)
What speed did you use?

They move their wings pretty quickly you know! f/6.3 and ISO800...

I suppose they have to really Paul or else they wouldn`t fly :shrug:
Great capture all the same (y)

Cheers Rich. Have you been on the sarky pills today ;)

I mean that they are so much quicker than bigger birds where I have used shutter speeds as low as 1/100s successfully (and even 1/15s with swans!)

thats a belter, (y)

Nice one Paul.

Well caught Paul. I've been putting a little time into small uns in flight but the success rate is a bit dismal at the moment.

Bob

Super capture Paul....hope you get the shot your after the next time out. :D

John

What can I say to that? simply stunning i love that, very well done:clap:

Cheers Rich. Have you been on the sarky pills today ;)

I mean that they are so much quicker than bigger birds where I have used shutter speeds as low as 1/100s successfully (and even 1/15s with swans!)

Well Matron tells me everyday I have to take my pill, but never said what it was for exactly :puke: I know what you mean about those shutter speeds though Paul. I had some good results last year with the flying Robin but all other attempts to capture the smaller birds have been met with little or no success :shake:

That is completely amazing, I can't get shots that crisp if the subject is stationary !!

Back