Flying Legends 2014

Edit My Images
Yes
I know, I know - how late is this?

I've been really flat out at work and also had a busy summer, so, only now have I had a chance to play catch up. So, here's a few pics from the Flying Legends display at Duxford taken way back in July.

I'm still getting used to airshow photography and i'm still not sure how to get rid of the dead plain white or grey skies (i'm sure there were some clouds at this event judging by the amount of rain that hit us).

Any comments / suggestions most welcome.

952A3168 by Gary Smithdale, on Flickr

952A3402 by Gary Smithdale, on Flickr

952A3506 by Gary Smithdale, on Flickr

952A3677 by Gary Smithdale, on Flickr

952A3744 by Gary Smithdale, on Flickr

952A3967 by Gary Smithdale, on Flickr

Thank you for looking

Not sure you can do much about plain skies - if theres no clouds, you can always pp some in, though if you dont want white and theres a tad bit of blue in there, you could always try shifting saturation on blues only up the slider to make the sky more blue.

If you dont want to hit more contrast to pop out the planes because the sky will go even whiter (along with every other white on the planes too), you could always try dropping the "blacks" a little in the slider in camera raw, not as effective as contrast, but it wont blow out your skies any more than they are

Thank you very much for the comments guys, much appreciated :)

If I remember rightly, I was about +2ev for the shots in the sky (might even have been +3), I know this would overexpose the sky, but I couldn't think of anything else to make the planes show any detail.

I'll get more practice next year - as i'm still editing photos, I still have another 2 or 3 airshows to be edited, so i'll see what they look like too lol.

Back