Flying Scotsman in Steam 2018

Why not!

Which one are we going to Andy?

Ey Up, you doing okay ? :D

I'll have a look - I've a big (not talking about it) birthday in Sept, so could possibly do that week sometime...

I'll have a look at the other dates - possibly the May ???

Ey Up, you doing okay ? :D

I'll have a look - I've a big (not talking about it) birthday in Sept, so could possibly do that week sometime...

I'll have a look at the other dates - possibly the May ???
Aye! Fine lad! Thanks. I'm hoping to do all of them, also the Tornado visits!
Problem is everyman and his dog will be there! Ive found early sat or sun best.
May, Sunday early am?

Aye! Fine lad! Thanks. I'm hoping to do all of them, also the Tornado visits!
Problem is everyman and his dog will be there! Ive found early sat or sun best.
May, Sunday early am?

Great stuff, sounds like a plan - will keep an eye on the weather, hope for a cold morning to get some steam :)

If I can I'll do a recky to see how easy it is to get under A56 bypass bridge as it'll be pulling towards Rawtenstall

It's in the diary!

Anyone else coming?

I'd be up for summat :)

I'll be going to all May/Aug/Sept as Rawtenstall is just 6 miles from me.

The footpath under the A56 between Townsend Fold and Irwell Vale was open when I went I couple of weeks ago - it did get closed off a while back due to the river flooding and washing it all away.

Also last two times I went to see the the Flying Scotsman on the ELR it arrived tender first at Rawtenstall.

I'll be going to all May/Aug/Sept as Rawtenstall is just 6 miles from me.

The footpath under the A56 between Townsend Fold and Irwell Vale was open when I went I couple of weeks ago - it did get closed off a while back due to the river flooding and washing it all away.

Also last two times I went to see the the Flying Scotsman on the ELR it arrived tender first at Rawtenstall.

The footpath 'should' be ok in May (kiss of death!)
Last time I went it was smoke box first! It peed down all day. Have to work it out on the day I suppose.
The best place I saw it was at the KWVR, some very good spots for setting up there, some involve a bit of a walk though!

First of the Scotsman in steam on the ELR this weekend, the problemevery man and his dog seems to turn up, so trying to work out the best place for viewing without the crowds.

Back