Name
Geof
Edit My Images
Yes

cheers
geof

good site that one for outdoor photography...like the black to whites a lot

Last edited:
I like it. Maybe the composition is a little muddy as the kite is overlapping the cloud but overall I think it works. Any other photos or crops of the same sort? I would also say the kite itself looks a tad underexposed. Maybe bring out some of the detail.

To be honest, there's no real emotion, interest or connection in this image for me, it's more of a snap really...
There is a great series of articles here: http://www.outdoorsphotography.co.uk/composition-1-the-kiss-technique/ by a chap called Ian Bramham specifically on composition. They're well worth a read! Hope they help :)

:LOL:

you are sooooooooooooooo serious...you can not be serious

joking old chap...perhaps if you knew the guy on the other end of the kite had just landed on his posterior on a jagged rock...there was some emotion there

cheers
geof

I like it. Maybe the composition is a little muddy as the kite is overlapping the cloud but overall I think it works. Any other photos or crops of the same sort? I would also say the kite itself looks a tad underexposed. Maybe bring out some of the detail.

i have a few more without mud...but not so abstract and unemotive as this one

:puke::LOL:

just some fun folks...nothing too serious...i wish

i am needing to do some more serious shots..though..seriously...i seem to be just snapping around just now

cheers
geof

ps that is a good site on outdoor photography..cheers

Last edited:
Hi MrToad, glad you like my site :)

Did you do the black and white conversion after looking through the articles? Either way - I really like the conversion - I'm assuming it was mainly based around a red software filter.

Good work!

I hope the guy attached to the rocks is OK and that you find your motivation soon - it's a beautiful part of the world that you live in.

James

Hi,

At first when reading the thread, I found myself agreeing with everyone else, but then I went back to staring at the images......

I really like the B&W version.. I am not entirely sure why.. :) I think the cloud has some nice varying tones and the sky has a subtle gradient to it as well.

I guess the only criticism I would have is that the composition would be abit stronger with some sky between the cloud and the kite..

Nice shot anyway.. :)

thanks you guys
i will need to go over this one and do a back to basics thing
i will admit it was a fun snap and i am trying to make it talk bigger

appreciate all those remarks

cheers
geof

Back