Focal length apps

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
So when I’m out and about I like to frame scenes with my iPhone but of course that shows me either 28mm or 50mm and of course I want to see where 200mm or even 600mm would get me.

I have seen some apps that recreate the framing of different focal lengths which would be perfect. They range from a couple of quid up to nearly £30 and I was wondering if people have
Any experience of these or can recommend another technique altogether?

TIA

I'd also be interested to hear people's experiences with this. Mark... what are the apps which you have looked into?

I ended up buying Focal for £4.99.

It does everything I wanted which is to put gridlines on the live view camera which show various focal lengths, up to 6 grids at once, which you can choose/edit the focal lengths.

It works well and you can zoom in and the gridlines change size proportionately.

I’ve been looking into this a little as I would want to be able to use the app with a wide angle lens like an olloclip or similar. Cadrage with a Moment lens looks like it might be a good option, but I’ll need to do some more research I think.

I think you are looking for something like this.
PlanIt (Plan It)
Its on android so no idea about Apples site.

I’ve been looking into this a little as I would want to be able to use the app with a wide angle lens like an olloclip or similar. Cadrage with a Moment lens looks like it might be a good option, but I’ll need to do some more research I think.
You can use these apps with an adapter lens. You can even use them without an adapter lens at say 15mm ff equivalent but you get a border,

Back