Focal Length?

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
No
I'd like a lens for landscape photography,

5DM2, so FF body - I've got a CZ 1.4 35mm but would like to go wider.

I was thinking about the CZ 2.8 21mm

Any reason not to go for it?

hehehe...you just wanted someone to assuage your G.A.S. Once justified it's all okay.lol

Maybe! just tell me what "assuage your G.A.S" means :)

The 200mm f/2 wants to be on the list too.. but it'll probably be at the bottom :(

G.A.S = gear acquisition syndrome
assuage = to make less intense

I'd put the 135mm F2 on the list too - one of the most beautiful lenses I've shot, cheap considering the ridiculous quality (also because it's a forgotten focal length).

G.A.S = gear acquisition syndrome
assuage = to make less intense

I'd put the 135mm F2 on the list too - one of the most beautiful lenses I've shot, cheap considering the ridiculous quality (also because it's a forgotten focal length).

I have the 85mm 1.2 II - so it would fill the gap nicely ;)

I'm starting to wonder do I need to keep the 35mm 1.4 distagon ......I probably do.

I looked at a 180mm L macro a few weeks ago, my fiance said it'd be the last lens I buy this year..... I'll have some cooldown time instead.

Last edited:
I'd second the Canon 135mm f2; it's a fantastic quality lens and seems strangely neglected and a relative bargain at it's price. Great all round; for picking out parts of the landscape, as a portrait lens and as a fast lens for sport. What's not to like? Zeiss 21mm gets rave reviews as a landscape lens.

Back