Focal points not focusing

Name
Kayleigh
Edit My Images
Yes
Can any body help? I've been having some trouble with my equipment, I have canon mk 1 body with 35mm 2.0, 50mm 1.4 and 85mm 1.8. Recently I had some trouble getting the focus points to focus (in all kinds of conditions) so I'm thinking the lens is the problem? But now the same thing keeps happening with the 35mm. Is it the lenses or could it be the body? Does anyone know how I can fix it?? Thanks
Kayleigh

Firstly I would clean all the contacts on the body and lenses with a dry lint free cloth. Secondly and this may sound stupid, ensure the AF switches on the lenses are in the 'on' position - I've knocked mine by mistake before :-(

If you still have problems, do you know anyone with a Canon that you can try your lenses on. If you do and they all work fine, then you know its your body. Failing that, looks like a trip back to Canon for a service.
Rob

Thank you!

Cleaned it, checked the af switch and tried the lens on another body- still no joy! So it's off to the repair shop!

Thanks for the advice! Happy New Year!!! :)

Hi Kayleigh. You dont say exactly what the focus problem is. Is it constent front or back focus or randomly out of focus.

Last edited:
Back