Focus 2011 Bargains..

fraggle101

Not a mermaid
Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
Guys, please post any bargains you find here for the guys going later in the week to look out for..

Personally im looking for portable lighting, a new ball head for my tripod, Some modifiers (Beauty dish, soft box) Im going up on Wednesday..

Thanks guys..

I've had an email from Ilford regarding their Galerie Gloss and Lustre papers - 2 for 1 offer but no price metioned. I'm also going on Wednesday looking for Bowens Gemini 400/400 kit and Sekonic L358 lightmeter offers, so any feedback much appreciated.
Ta
Dave

Nice Idea!
Im going on Wednesday and am after a 70-200 2.8 VRII, a TC-17EII and maybe a 50 1.4, (Nikon fit)

Only really took notice of the Canon Kit (Sorry)! And was a bit carp at that!. Too many items I should have iPhoto'd the prices, but the ones I can remember

Calumet Doing

Canon 1D MKIV Body Only B Stock for £2499

5d MKII Body £1299 or Kit with 24-105 £1699

Canon 16-35 2.8 II £899

Canon 70-200 f4 Non IS £349.99

Canon 17-40 f4 £429

50mm 1.8 £69

Loads of other Refurb Kit on both the Calumet & Jacobs Stands,

Jacobs seemed a little more expensive on most of the Refurn stuff, but bet things will even out by tomorrow

Last edited:
Just a tip if you are going to spend some serious wonga............

Apply for an Amex Platinum card (subject to income) and purchase item on this in the 1st 3 months - gives you 5% cashback up to 3 grand. Worth getting it and then cutting up (3K minimum spend in 12 months to qualify for cashback).

And was that a new or refurb body and lens ?

Everything I listed above is Refurb (B Stock), Boxes Carry the same seal on the Box as items purchased from the Canon Outlet Store on Ebay, and had a 12 month Canon Warranty.

From what I saw people open to examine, it was not repackaged as per the Ebay Canon Stuff (Which always comes with new sealed accesories and books CDs etc), These seemed to be repacked however they were reurned with Used Straps cables etc.

Last edited:
Apply for an Amex Platinum card (subject to income) and purchase item on this in the 1st 3 months - gives you 5% cashback up to 3 grand. Worth getting it and then cutting up (3K minimum spend in 12 months to qualify for cashback).
If you don't mind paying the £300 / annum charges. :eek:

Personally I'd never use Amex again.

Nice Idea!
Im going on Wednesday and am after a 70-200 2.8 VRII, a TC-17EII and maybe a 50 1.4, (Nikon fit)

The 70-210 2.8 VRII was £1499, not sure about the prices on the other items, that was at Jacobs and another place (maybe cameraworld)

wacom lowered prices of tablets by 20% and is offering lightroom with them for free
medium intuos for 279 or so

jacobs doing deals on wacom tablets
"medium" with tooth £329.99, and "free" copy of lightroom
medium is 6" by 8 1/2" active area
got home, oops seem to have 1 in my bag! :thinking::naughty:
model PTK-540WTL

Last edited:
Saving £48, thats not bad.. £377 on the website.. One just might 'fall' into MY bad too!! ;)

I really want to know what new toys Lencarta has! i need to make my mind up about which system im going to plump with.. and i hate making decisions! lol.. the more time i have to think the better!!

popped to see the Lancarta stand
new kit is upgrade to the safari power packs :)
not working as the batteries were flat! :thinking:

popped to see the Lancarta stand
new kit is upgrade to the safari power packs :)
not working as the batteries were flat! :thinking:

I spent ages trying to find them! Didnt. Not on the list of suppliers attending either...:shrug: :(

Kev.

listed as blue dimensions! stand F32
apparently more power than safari
also another similar unit, outputs DC as well as mains
new heads likely 2 be DC powered

I've had an email from Ilford regarding their Galerie Gloss and Lustre papers - 2 for 1 offer but no price metioned. I'm also going on Wednesday looking for Bowens Gemini 400/400 kit and Sekonic L358 lightmeter offers, so any feedback much appreciated.
Ta
Dave

I bought Some of the Ilford Galerie paper today and paid £12 each for a twin pack (50 sheets) of Smooth Gloss and Smooth Pearl, seemed good value to me :), Was on the Premier Ink and Photographic stand.

You can preorder X100 for £899

I bought Some of the Ilford Galerie paper today and paid £12 each for a twin pack (50 sheets) of Smooth Gloss and Smooth Pearl, seemed good value to me :), Was on the Premier Ink and Photographic stand.
Not too bad its a really nice paper and good weight, a few weeks ago Premier Ink on their website were selling the Gloss for £9.99 +pp for 25 sheets + 10 sheets free now £12.99 due to recent price increase.
http://www.premier-ink.co.uk/papers/ilford-galerie/-c-49_51.html
Dave

Last edited:
I have not seen many bargains today. Perhaps 1D III B stock for £1299 at Jacobs counts as something, and plenty of B stock 5D II for 1299 or kit for £1999.

Hilite 6x7 with train goes for £260 delivered which is not too bad. Some more minor discounts could be seen here and there.

Only really took notice of the Canon Kit (Sorry)! And was a bit carp at that!. Too many items I should have iPhoto'd the prices, but the ones I can remember

Calumet Doing

Canon 16-35 2.8 II £899

Canon 17-40 f4 £429

50mm 1.8 £69

Jacobs seemed a little more expensive on most of the Refurn stuff, but bet things will even out by tomorrow

I had a good luck there too but could not see those prices. Wasn't 5D kit for 1999 there as well, and 70-200 for £399?

Was that 17-40 a refurb or new? I really missed that one and I got there about 12. If they still have new ones at that price I could probably get my dad to pick one.

Jacobs had Canon EOS 50D bodies (new but factory refurbished) for £449.00

They still had a few left when I went home. :)

. Wasn't 5D kit for 1999 there as well, and 70-200 for £399?

Was that 17-40 a refurb or new? I really missed that one and I got there about 12. If they still have new ones at that price I could probably get my dad to pick one.

Those are the Prices Jacobs had them for,

Calumet had the cheaper deals, (And all the prices I quoted were refurbs)

Last edited:
Those are the Prices Jacobs had them for,

Calumet had the cheaper deals, (And all the prices I quoted were refurbs)

I see. In that case it must be long gone, and I am better off finding a good deal for 17-40 on fleabay

There were hardly any 100mm IS lenses, and none at good price :crying:. I wonder if Wednesday afternoon proves to be more bargainicious but I will be stuck in a symposium for a whole day :bang:

listed as blue dimensions! stand F32

Bugger! I walked around looking for Lencarta. :bang: I wish I had known. I even asked at the TP meet and all said that they didn't think they had shown.
Bet I walked past it several times then. :wacky:
There were a lot of lighting companies though. :D

Kev.

501cards said:

Calumet Doing

Canon 16-35 2.8 II £899

Canon 17-40 f4 £429

50mm 1.8 £69

Hi. Where did you see the Canon 16-35 f2.8?

Calumet (They had a few in the cabinet, Prices were in the price list they had on the counter). Again Refurb

I was going to buy one but Jacobs were doing brand new for £999 and with the £80 Canon Rebate coupon brought it down to almost the same price, and I doubt the rebate would have worked on the Refubs!

Best "bargain" I saw was Ilford HP5+ @ £3 a roll of 36exp - 25% less than the lowest price currently available elsewhere, including bulk order.

shouldnt really expect amazing deals on high end gear.

Epson r1400 was going for £210 (epson offer at camerworld), sold out for the day. but you can order a home delivery for an extra £20.
Canon 9000 is also available at a discount from Jacobs

Some good deals on photographic paper. picked up some fab 'Canson' papers. The guy was quite friendly and threw in lots of extras.

Back