Focus on Crocus

Dark Star

TPer Emeritus
Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
3 from today :) Hope you like 'em - Canon 100mm f2.8, hand held and natural light :)

1) There's Orangey :)

3347565128_970f4cea7b_o.jpg

2) On the inside

3347565126_cbb6283e3a_o.jpg

3) Taking a step back

3347565136_f86d7a8032_o.jpg

Lovely contrast of colours. They are nice but I would have like to have seen a couple more with greater depth of field.

3 is my fav.

I like no.2...you wouldnt know what it was :)

Thanks folks - comments much appreciated :D - my fave is actually #2

número tres for me John (y)

very nice John. I like the focal plane you used in the first one although the green background is a little plain do you think? some nice tight bokah perhaps? :shrug: not sure, dont shoot me, i might not know what i am talking about, i know nuffin.
Love the middle one, very satisfying result I expect (y)
#3 is ok but doesnt rock my boat.
Great subject for this time of the season and all well taken, as usual ;)

Part Deaux for me :D Lovely colours (y)

Nice shots John, beautiful colours (y)

"Hand held and natural light" is moving them towards the champion end of the scale even :)

very nice John. I like the focal plane you used in the first one although the green background is a little plain do you think? some nice tight bokah perhaps? not sure, dont shoot me, i might not know what i am talking about, i know nuffin.
Love the middle one, very satisfying result I expect
#3 is ok but doesnt rock my boat.
Great subject for this time of the season and all well taken, as usual ;)

Cheers Dave too kind - and of course you know what you're talking about :) Not sure though how I could've adjusted it :)I know what you mean though

Hand-held..........wow! I'm impressed. Really love number 2.

Hooray another #2 fan Cheers Carole :)

Part Deaux for me :D Lovely colours (y)

and again ta Nick !

Nice shots John, beautiful colours (y)

"Hand held and natural light" is moving them towards the champion end of the scale even :)

Oh dunno about 'champion' :thinking: but thanks anyway Anthony (y)

Like the colour contrasts in these shots John and I think no 2 for it's abstract nature appeals to me most. I too would have prefered a few with more dof. Still good though (y)

I'd go with number 2 theres an abstract feel to it very nice.

Electrical bananas? Were they any thing to do with the Banana splits from Saturday morning tv way back when??

I'd go with number 2 theres an abstract feel to it very nice.

Electrical bananas? Were they any thing to do with the Banana splits from Saturday morning tv way back when??

Cheers Karl -

The Saffron and Bananas references are from the lyrics of Donovans hit 'Mellow Yellow' - mid sixties :)

Showing my age and knowledge of trivia I'm afraid :D

Back