Focus problems with my 400D - please help!

Edit My Images
No
Hi guys.

I've been using my Canon 400D today, and for the majority of the time it's been fine. But... it later stopped functioning as normal; using the manual modes, the the red focus lights (through the view finder) no longer appear and the 'beep' confirmation doesn't sound either - CAN ANYONE HELP?! :help:

AI Servo mode?

I didn't mess with any settings (as far as I am aware); the function just automatically stopped working. It's strange, because it only does this in the manual modes.

What do you mean by 'AI Servo' mode? And how do I go about checking??

Thanks guys.

I didn't mess with any settings (as far as I am aware); the function just automatically stopped working. It's strange, because it only does this in the manual modes.

What do you mean by 'AI Servo' mode? And how do I go about checking??

Thanks guys.

Your camera should have two autofocus modes:

One Shot, where you focus on an object, and you will get the selected focus point hightlighted and the focus confirmation beep, and...

AI server mode, where the camera will constantly track focus so you don't get the confirmation beep. I don't have my camera with me at the moment, so I can't remember of you get the red box, but I'm sure someone will check.

Your camera should have two autofocus modes:

One Shot, where you focus on an object, and you will get the selected focus point hightlighted and the focus confirmation beep, and...

AI server mode, where the camera will constantly track focus so you don't get the confirmation beep. I don't have my camera with me at the moment, so I can't remember of you get the red box, but I'm sure someone will check.

In that case, my camera is normally set to the 'One Shot' mode; the focus point highlights/beeps have just stopped functioning. I'm doubtful I've accidentally switched to 'AI' mode; but out of interest, any idea's how I can check??

Back