3)

On A Roll by Mike-Hamilton Photography, on Flickr

4)

HEL's Engine by Mike-Hamilton Photography, on Flickr

5)

City Rush by Mike-Hamilton Photography, on Flickr

6)

Wharf Rig by Mike-Hamilton Photography, on Flickr

I think i have three more shots to edit up :)

What do you think? Any critique & comments are always welcome.

Mike

The green tint of the window in the first is distracting, especially as the background has been desaturated. There's also 4 pretty obvious spots on the floor in 3, not sure if they're dust or water on the lens or something?

I really like 5 though, don't see many rig shots from that angle (it is a rig shot I assume?)

#6 for me, great idea and well executed. Also like #5. You must be doing something right, I'm not a huge fan of most rig shots!

#1 I like - take away the greens and i think its slightly too tilted too. Otherwise great.

#2 Is ok though the website is not legible - depends whether thats intended for the client I suppose.

#3 Not keen on it due to the amount of wide angle distortion - wheel and front of car looks tiny compared to the nearer parts - i think it requires using a longer boom and then zooming or using a longer focal length to tighten the frame.

#4 Is ok but doesnt hold interest

#5 My favourite shot - love the background and the perspective just reflections on window is slight distraction - use a CPL filter?

#6 Love rig shots and a good location (think its the same place I shot the 1M), the front of the car is a bit soft and the highlights of the background shows some jaggedness rather than smoother blur.

#1 I like - take away the greens and i think its slightly too tilted too. Otherwise great.

#2 Is ok though the website is not legible - depends whether thats intended for the client I suppose.

#3 Not keen on it due to the amount of wide angle distortion - wheel and front of car looks tiny compared to the nearer parts - i think it requires using a longer boom and then zooming or using a longer focal length to tighten the frame.

#4 Is ok but doesnt hold interest

#5 My favourite shot - love the background and the perspective just reflections on window is slight distraction - use a CPL filter?

#6 Love rig shots and a good location (think its the same place I shot the 1M), the front of the car is a bit soft and the highlights of the background shows some jaggedness rather than smoother blur.

Ive fixed the green tint on the first one now.

Number 4 was a requirement to be used by the guy who painted the custom engine parts.

Number 5 i didnt use a CPL as i dont have one in the required size

Number 6, yes i am a little dissapointed that the front of the car isnt as sharp as i would have liked, but this shot was a total last minute experiment. so im pleased its come out as well as it could.

On the first one there's a couple of strands of light on the rear 3/4 panel behind the wheel arch to clone out.

Worth getting a cpl filter for your rig shot lens I think....

I find the motion blue shots a little distracting if I am honest. The final image, whilst great, would have worked much better with a longer exposure/higher car speed imo

6 is an awesome shot!! that's the kind of pictures I wanna start taking!

I think your technique is very good and the thought in the pictures is great.
for me the subject matter is stone cold boring, the car itself has no passion and that reflects in some of the cold slab sided pics, no fault of your own its a very dull modern car.

Love this set. Really cool shots. I dunno why but that #3 rig shot ruins the set? I dunno why but the rest of the shots are a really good quality and I really like them, but that #3. I dunno.

Other shots are great though!

no.7 i think needs a bit of detail in the shadows (rear diffuser for example), no.8 is great!

1 and 8 are awesome mate.

Would like to see more of the cars shape in 7/8 though as the RS is an aggressive looking monster!

Back