Focus Stacking course

Name
Stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
The Field Studies Council course brochures for 2016 just arrived on my doorstep. There are two brochures and their photography courses are in the one entitled "Exploring Nature and the Arts courses 2016". You can also find the details online.

I am leading a "Photo stacking workshop" at Preston Montford on the weekend of Fri 18 - Sun 20 March. The intention is to cover the theory and practice of focus stacking - mainly applied to macro shots of insects. I will cover various ways of capturing the stack and also look at the software available for combining the images. It is intended for photographers who already know their way round a DSLR and would like to find out abot focus stacking, so not aimed to compete beginners!

Julian Cremora (author of "Extreme Close-up Photography and Focus Stacking", 2014, Crowood Press) is leading a course at Dale Fort, Mon 25 - Fri 29 July on "Macro and Extreme Close-up Photography" and also "Beginners Guide to Close-up and Macro photography" at Slapton Ley, Mon 8 to Fri 12 August.

Another one that might be of interest to readers of this forum is the "Insect Photography Workshop", Mon 8 - Fri 12 August at Preston Montford led by John Bebbington (author of "Insect Photography: Art and Techniques", 2012, Crowood Press).

Last edited:
Back