Beginner Focusing issue

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi ... I've just bought a tiny Lumix GX800, lovely toy, M43, I've got loads of lenes for it.

But something is really annoying me: it continually hunts and focuses without me touching the shutter button. I've look through the 324 page manual, can't find the problem because I don't know what I'm looking for. What's it called when a camera does that?

Thanks

Hi ... I've just bought a tiny Lumix GX800, lovely toy, M43, I've got loads of lenes for it.

But something is really annoying me: it continually hunts and focuses without me touching the shutter button. I've look through the 324 page manual, can't find the problem because I don't know what I'm looking for. What's it called when a camera does that?

Thanks
Normally that would be under continuous auto focus.

If it's in single then it should not be looking for focus when your not pressing or half pressing the focus button

Are you trying to make stills pictures or video?

Thanks

I don’t know if you are using a printed manual but sometimes it’s helpful to download a pdf version as you can search the text for things woul can’t find in the index or spot in the text.

I don’t know if you are using a printed manual but sometimes it’s helpful to download a pdf version as you can search the text for things woul can’t find in the index or spot in the text.
I always use the PDF ... hit Ctrl+F to find the word like *focus*, but can't find anything. I wondered if there's a word for this kind of behaviour.

I would have thought single point would over-ride any continuous but there’s also “tracking” and “face detect” (latter on by defaultj which might explain it?

I always use the PDF ... hit Ctrl+F to find the word like *focus*, but can't find anything. I wondered if there's a word for this kind of behaviour.
I had a look in the manual and there are a few pages about focusing on there.

One thing to note with auto focus is that if you have the focus point set to a point or small area and that area doesn't have anything with high contrast in it the focus will have problems. Try focusing on a plain, flat painted wall Vs something like news print to see.

Thanks

Quick AF

Back