Fog over the Fancy

TCR4x4

Wishes he had a couple more Inches
Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
New fancy is an old coal mine in the Heart of the Forest of Dean. The spoil heap has been turned into a view point offering panoramic views over the Forest.
Whilst offering a pretty good height advantage, it can’t beat the 400ft height of my mavic 2 pro.

Jings that's incredible in the fore and mid ground. Nowt wrong with the frame as it stands but I'd be tempted to crop out all of the sky and some of the horizon as an alternative just concentrating on the mist and light mingling through the trees.
Well worth clicking through to your web page for the hi-rez version, very impressive.

Jings that's incredible in the fore and mid ground. Nowt wrong with the frame as it stands but I'd be tempted to crop out all of the sky and some of the horizon as an alternative just concentrating on the mist and light mingling through the trees.
Well worth clicking through to your web page for the hi-rez version, very impressive.

Thankyou!
I did take a few more without the sky, but a slightly different angle. I couldn’t decide which I liked best to post though.

Spectacular! Absolutely love that, what a stunning scene.
The light and fog in the mid ground are definitely the highlight.

Thanks, I was very lucky with the weather with this one!

Thankyou!
I did take a few more without the sky, but a slightly different angle. I couldn’t decide which I liked best to post though.

Nowt wrong with the original but the cropped version is my preference. It's quite a picture. The conditions lasted a relatively long time considering the change in the direction of light between the original and the above version. I assume the above picture was taken before the originally posted picture.

Last edited:
Nowt wrong with the original but the cropped version is my preference. It's quite a picture. The conditions lasted a relatively long time considering the change in the direction of light between the original and the above version. I assume the above picture was taken before the originally posted picture.

No more than seconds between them. First one was 9:18.51, second was actually earlier at 9:18.20
Just the different angle makes the light look different I guess.

That's a stunner. Top work.

I prefer the uncropped version. Seems better balanced to me.

Fantastic image, lovely light and a great vista. Personally prefer the better overall balance with the first image.

Back