Foggy Birds.

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
Cannock Chase was under a blanket of fog today, but being eternal optimists and slightly mad probably, we met up with Trev4 and gave it a go anyway. :D

Plenty of birds about, but the light was just about as bad as it gets, so no masterpieces I'm afraid, but here's a couple, warts 'n all from the day, and I've had to process the begeezus ouit of these to get anything usable at all.

4336_7888705034d1d00616a9b5.jpg

4336_19770043684d1d006355a52.jpg

7D, 500mm f4L at 1600 ISO.

Still thoroughly enjoyed just being out in the fresh air today - thanks Trev! (y)

aye, ***** again, don't know why you bother :p

Excellent stuff but I'd say No1 is sharper than No2 although No2 is still very good.

No2 looks darker? Is it a different bird?

Well worth the effort on the PP Ced`s(y), two very moody shots to say the least. #2 gives the impression it was in a cave of some sort, nicely done on both though (y)

PS> I hope you have not left Trev wandering around on his own in the fog :D

Last edited:
Nice duo of Nuthatches, a just reward for you effort. (y)

Regards:Gordon

Excellent stuff but I'd say No1 is sharper than No2 although No2 is still very good.

No2 looks darker? Is it a different bird?
Cheers Jim. I'm not sure if it's the same bird, but the difference is probably down to the processing - the originals were unbelievably drab. :shrug:

2 really good images considering the conditions like those a lot (y)
Regards
Richard

Well worth the effort on the PP Ced`s(y), two very moody shots to say the least. #2 gives the impression it was in a cave of some sort, nicely done on both though (y)

PS> I hope you have not left Trev wandering around on his own in the fog :D

It might as well have been in a cave Rich, it's under a huge old spready Hawthorne tree where the light is crap even when the current bun is out.

LOL. We didn't leave Trev there - he left the same time as us - but he was looking a bit frozzed towards the end - hope he's OK actually.

It might as well have been in a cave Rich, it's under a huge old spready Hawthorne tree where the light is crap even when the current bun is out.

LOL. We didn't leave Trev there - he left the same time as us - but he was looking a bit frozzed towards the end - hope he's OK actually.

:LOL::LOL: Well the last I heard from him, he was muttering about Robin shots :thinking: The thing is he can talk the talk, but can he walk the walk? :cautious:

Last edited:
:LOL::LOL: Well the last I heard from him, he was muttering about Robin shots :thinking: The thing is he is he can talk the talk, but can he walk the walk? :cautious:

LOL. I think he may have a few Robin shots to share from the day. :D

He's thawed out now thanks :eek: Jans kind supply of coffee kept us from freezing (y)
Two good shots there Cedric, no 1 is my fav though. Under the poor light and fogy conditions you did well. I've been waiting to see yours first before I decide if mine can be shown :D
Thanks for the good company for a pleasant few hours, and thanks for coming along too Cedric :LOL:

He's thawed out now thanks :eek: Jans kind supply of coffee kept us from freezing (y)
Two good shots there Cedric, no 1 is my fav though. Under the poor light and fogy conditions you did well. I've been waiting to see yours first before I decide if mine can be shown :D
Thanks for the good company for a pleasant few hours, and thanks for coming along too Cedric :LOL:

It was good - well worth the effort wasn't it? (y)

If your shots are anything like mine - it's the old story - they look OK till you get 'em on the PC. I've got a fair few that will be OK with a bit of a processing marathon, but nothing to get excited about.

Last edited:
It was good - well worth the effort wasn't it? (y)
For sure, well worth it indeed, and the robin shots will be up tomorrow, I expect better than 4/10 from Richard Simon Cowell u8myufo though ;)

EDIT: Have only managed a quick look this evening TBH, a couple look like something can be pulled out from them, but yes, they never look as good on the PC as you hope for, but thats half the fun, getting that one good shot that your happy with.

Last edited:
Very good considering the light, and conditions. I love no2, its a great pose, sharp, and subtle colours.(y)

Now look hear Cedric my man,Maureen told me Trev cant go out on the chase unless a younger bloke is with him to make sure he dont freeze to death,now next time you old chaps go walkabout on the chase make sure you both have your GPS on so i can call mountain rescue, :cautious:,:shrug:,:D,:p,

nice shots Ced considering all the PP work :D,

regards,
john.

Now look hear Cedric my man,Maureen told me Trev cant go out on the chase unless a younger bloke is with him to make sure he dont freeze to death,now next time you old chaps go walkabout on the chase make sure you both have your GPS on so i can call mountain rescue, :cautious:,:shrug:,:D,:p,
:LOL: I'll try to remember!

I wish I could manage shots that bad even on a bright sunny day ;)... superb as ever CT.

Back