Foggy sunset over Parliament and the London Eye

Edit My Images
Yes
I took these from Hungerford Bridge last night with a Fuji X-E1 and 14mm lens. Three hendheld shots at +1, 0, -1 stops, merged in HDR Efex 2, bit of Lightroom work, Viveza 2, Color Efex Pro 4 and then finished off in Lightroom again. Any comments and suggestions welcome as this is way outside my comfort zone of posed portraits of children.

11337388946_ef1a662174_o.jpg

11337323675_001eefac7c_o.jpg

Like both of these, especially number 2...HDR as is should be imo

I like both but I prefer the composition of the first.

I like the second, I feel the boat on the right balances the shot better and also the extra colours in the sky add to it.

Thanks guys. I don't think I really needed to HDR these as single shots could be recovered well enough and I wasn't hoping to fill in the shadows at all. I like the second one more, personally, but the more muted one gets better comments from my family.

Very nice shots,i like the second one the best.:)(y)

Ian

I like both as standalone images. The colours in #2 are the better of the two although I marginally prefer the composition of #1 (I'm wondering if it's the Eye being too face on in the second?)

I like the HDR processing - looks very well processed and as hand held shots, even better!

Just 2 superb images and different part in each are better.
I too think the eye in 2 is too bold - the flatter one in No1 does not draw the eye away from the focal point and spoil the lead in.

Keith

For some reason I didn't process this one in the first pass though I knew when I took it that it was my favourite composition with the boat being more prominent. It still has the London Eye large in the shot, though I like that as I think it balances the scene better (otherwise everything of interest is on the right of the shot). I wasn't so heavy-handed with darkening the shot this time, and this is from a single shot, no HDR.

11351035566_6dea5fd7b4_b.jpg

Back