Follies Studley Royal Rippon Yorkshire

again two fantastic shots very well done.

First one's a corker Dave...the kind of thing you see in a brochure.

back on track ...
good studies
cheers
geof

Both good, but am attracted to the first, I like the juxtaposition of the temple/statue so they sit comfortably in the frame, I also like the 60/40 split.

It's a lot easier getting this wrong as right, so apart from a very slight downward tilt to the waterline, this is spot on.

I'm doing a collection of follies - cos I love them - love these ones, especially the 2nd one - have to agree with Ruth about #1

I'm doing a collection of follies - cos I love them - love these ones, especially the 2nd one - have to agree with Ruth about #1

there must be 100's of them all over the place
cheers
geof

back on track ...
good studies
cheers
geof
Thanks Geof (y)

Both good, but am attracted to the first, I like the juxtaposition of the temple/statue so they sit comfortably in the frame, I also like the 60/40 split.

It's a lot easier getting this wrong as right, so apart from a very slight downward tilt to the waterline, this is spot on.

Thanks very much Les I think its a combination of the curve of the lake and my WA lens, cant remember if I used lens correction I keep forgetting

Thank you Summer, If your ever up Lancs, give me a shout Ill take you to loads (y)

Very, nice images, love the tone of the colours. No 1 is my favourite. Nice reflections on the pool. foliage looks lovely too.

Another vote for the first one, although the title could do with amending - I'm sure it's not that bad up north! ;)

May I recommend a trip to Stowe Gardens - folly city Arizona! Love the place....

Phil

I went on a folly website where they have a google map with hundreds of follies marked - over 500 IIRC

so far I have done............6 :banana:

Back