Football - Bromsgrove Rovers v's Gloucester City

tigerimages

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
Yes
A few action shots from Gloucester City's 4-1 FA Trophy win at Bromsgrove Rovers. I tried to use my remote camera for the first time this season and had to over-expose because it was facing directly into the sun, then I gave up with it at half time because the motor drive cable was being very temperamental and there wasn't enough room behind the bottom goal at the Victoria Ground.

Jack Harris gets airborne

Stretching for a head

Uh-oh - dodgy non-league pitch alert - where's the ball?

Alex Sykes' penalty success makes him the leading Gloucester City AFC penalty scorer of all time

The exercise that goalkeepers hate most

Mikey from Big Brother plays for Gloucester City

James Dormand clears under pressure from City Marc Richards - Angle 1

James Dormand clears under pressure from City Marc Richards - Angle 2

A rare sight - City's Kev Sawyer NOT saving a penalty

Supersub Will Morford tussels with a Bromsgrove defender

Ewwwww!

Young fan...

...and a few older ones

Morf marks his return to City with a stunning lob to put the Tigers 2-1 up against the run of play

Dormand had no chance!

A last ditch tackle denies Webby

Syko nets the third with clever feet and an audacious dink over the keeper

City even had time to give Erik Estrada jnr his debut

Thanks for looking, the full set can be viewed here. As ever, C&C welcome.

Long thread of photos.. some really nice ones there.
Going for the last one as the favorite of the set..
Isn't usually a complaint that the sun never shines enough and stuff... and then when it does.. it shines from the wrong direction.. *smiles*
Better luck with the sun and remote camera next time!!

Thanks GooGaBu, I think I have a dodgy motor drive cable so I've bought a replacement dodgy motor drive cable off of ebay ;)

Nice series t(y), are you using a pocketwizard for remote or just a long 10pin cable?. I love the "back of the net" shot, goalie's face is a picture!. Kind regards Graham

Pocketwizards. Been a while since I've had the spare body to use them so I'm out of practice. Hopefully I'll get a decent killer shot soon although I'm going to mix up their use and not use them all the time.

What did you mount the camera on? a mini tripod?. Graham

Yeah, a manfrotto tabletop tripod. It probably has a number, I'll take a look if you like. Pro#s spike them into the ground which may prevent the camera from going over like a skittle if it gets hit by the ball. I've been lucky so far...

Number 1 looks brilliant. Like Thierry Henry about to control a pass.

Choccy...

Back