Football, fighting and a case of mistaken identity!

tigerimages

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
Yes
Yate Town v's Gloucester City - BGB Premier Division from Saturday. The game ended 1-1 :(

Attendance was 290, NOT one man and his dog

The officials' watches seemed to be running a little faster than Boris's

So they asked the gaffer for a second opinion!

Another penalty for City, will the despised Yate keeper Tony Court save it?

Nope!

No wonder Smudger keeps getting hit when the refs back is turned with celebrations like these!

Juuuust out of reach

Rosey thinks it's a foul!

I hope the wind doesn't change

Match of the Day 2

They started to fight ten yards from a bloke with a 40D + 200mm lens - bring it on :LOL:

He's pushing him away, not punching him as it might look...

Does this gate lead to Clapham Common?

Giving chase

Pulling shirts and punching

don't usually "do" the sports pages
but this is quite an amusing tale
and pics not bad either!

And finally...

Smudge thinks it's a foul

Jethro doesn't

Thats proper defenders gnashers there!

"But I wasn't even there ref!"

The wrong man gets sent off

You gotta laugh!

Thanks for looking, all photos taken with a Canon EOS 40D and 70-200mm F2.8 IS lens on an overcast day at Lodge Road, Yate, A housing estate in Bristol.

C&C always appreciated. The full gallery is here :)

Absolutely brilliant set of images, I never realised 200mm would be anywhere near enough for football.

Do you just pop along as a spectator to take these? I've always wondered if it's easy/possible to shoot 'local-ish' football without press credentials.

I like these, epsecially with the captions!!

Absolutely brilliant set of images, I never realised 200mm would be anywhere near enough for football.

Do you just pop along as a spectator to take these? I've always wondered if it's easy/possible to shoot 'local-ish' football without press credentials.

If you can take a half decent action shot and produce decent images without payment, most clubs like this relish having some imagery. That said, its still FA football, but you could have a go.

I never really have any problems. I'm just a fan and don't do it for press, although I do do a write up for the local paper and send them a couple of photos so I have a letter from them that I can always present to anyone who objects to me being there.

The club like my photos, I don't really look to make money out of them although I've made some for the club using the photos that I did when our ground flooded in the summer.

The players like them too judging by their facebook pages!

I like to think that my football photography has improved somewhat over the past few years so it's always nice to get some positive feedback.

The only problem I've ever really had was when I put some on my site from FGR v's Torquay that I took from the stand last year. I think they didn't like them cos they were better than the pro's that were there!

Great set of images.(y) I had to do a double take on the 7th photo though because to me it looked like the striker had tucked the ball away the nicely. Shame I was looking at the football on the advertising hoarding.
It probably doesn't come as a surprise to anyone when I say that I've never won a 'spot the ball' competition.:D

Very good storyboard, and even more importantly, great shots.

Do you use a monopod or other form of camera support as these are very nice and sharp?
Jas

No mate, no monopod, just handheld because I like to move around and it would get in the way for the sneaky candid fan shots!

------ snip------ sneaky candid fan shots!

Should you be doing that without consent? Ooooops, sorry. Wrong thread! :naughty:

Nice collection of images, well done!

Thanks Chuckles, and in case anyone wonders, I did ask "Dad" if it was ok to do the MOTD2" shot ;)

Back