Football in thick fog

Name
Derek
Edit My Images
Yes
Went to watch Ossett Town v Droylsden FC in the Evostick 1st Division North on Saturday. The game was played in thick fog. You could not see one end of the ground from the other. This made for some interesting processing of the images.
The dehaze tool in PS works quite well. I think the results turned out OK but welcome any comments.

978A9795 by Degsys Pics, on Flickr

978A9992 by Degsys Pics, on Flickr

978A9844 by Degsys Pics, on Flickr

978A9784 by Degsys Pics, on Flickr

Makes you wonder how they could see at all. What about the referee??? Perhaps he had de-haze glasses? :)

Glad you got some shots as the ones I took at this match are barely useable.

Linesman at my end was telling ref at the beginning of the match he couldn't see the opposite side.

I'll post a few of my pics up on here so you can see what it was like a my end..

By end of the game surprisingly the fog had cleared, so I guess ref made right decision in letting it go ahead.

I found adjusting the white and black points and using the dehaze tool brought out some detail. They were as noisy as hell though. Never realised fog could produce noisier photos than night time images.

Probably the worst fog I've shot in at Ossett, had one last season in the evening but for a day time this was bad.

I decided to leave the images pretty much as they came off the camera... I hope you enjoyed your visit to our little ground!

Back