Football Off season

KIPAX

Seriously Likeable
Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No
I regularly get asked what I do when the football season ends? Well theres lots of sports to cover.. however.......

Having done cup finals almost every day of may .... Then a friendly on the 1st june.. A re arranged u11s cup final on 12th june then my first booking for the new season 7th july.. Means The longest break with no football this year for me is 24 days... hardly seems right to call it end of season :)

I've got one weekend off from football this summer (to be fair I was off for the first two weeks of January when i took advantage of the SPFL Premiership winter break to go looking for quirky stuff to photograph in Florida) - schools cup final tomorrow, Womens' Premier League game on Sunday another cup final next Wednesday - then a few days off before shooting pre-season - May and July are busiest time of year for me.

April and May for me.. Stupidly busy.. I have three local teams to cover for friendlies in july but not as mental as those two months.. I have two full days at a tournament at the end of july.. otherwise i have given up covering football tournaments.. well any all day photogrpahy really..

Not finished yet myself. Two local league cup finals to come next Friday and the one after. But there's also a couple of SWPL2 matches going until the end of June. Might have a few weeks away in July to get the gear serviced and clear my head a bit before doing some pre-season stuff. Think the local league here is going through some sort of amalgamation process so won't be starting until the first week of August this year.

Many international sports struggle to have an 'off season' for us photographers these days...
When domestic seasons stop - it's pretty soon to the training camps of international senior/junior teams.. then their games, etc.
And even before those are over.. the pre-season has started for the domestic competitions... or qualifiers for continental competitions.

Still - guess we photographers should never complain that we're too busy.. there is always the other side of the coin as well...

And KIPAX - you have your Highland Games to look forward to this summer!!! :)

This close season ( weather & wife permitting ;)) i am trying to get in a few games of local Cricket and also able to shoot the local American Football team the Jurassic Coast Raptors for their last 3 games (out of 5 as was away for the others) also may try some Kitesurfing if the wind/tides play ball in Portland Harbour and maybe some local Moto X as i did one at the start of the season and got very good comments from that and was told i could go back anytime i want. Also on the look out for less known local sports maybe Netball if lucky.

Back