Football presentation evening

Name
Mel
Edit My Images
Yes
I got a call a few minutes ago asking me if I will take the photo's at our local football clubs presentation evenings!!
My other half is an ex manager and can't say no to anything!!!
I AM quite happy doing weddings and portraits, but this is quite a challenge.
Each child will have pic with the "celebrity" and then a group team photo at the end.
There are 5 teams each evening and 3 evenings to do!!! I must be mad:eek:
I have my Canon 5D and 24-105L and a Canon 75-300. Which lens do you think will do the job best???

Thanks

Mel

I'm doing the same next week. I wish I had a 24-105L to use... You'll be fine!

I have done a similar thing before and found that the biggest problem is organisation! Everyone involved needs to know what is expected of them in terms of what happens when / after they receive their award in terms of moving to a set area on the stage, turning to face the camera, who to look at ... and so on. Far too often those organising the presentation of trophies want the players to come up, receive and get off - an as the evening goes on, the speed of the presentations gets faster and faster.

In many cases, there will be parents and friends around you with their cameras and flash units so the poor children are bewildered when it comes to deciding where to look.

If you have done weddings then I guess you have a head start ... but to answer the question, I would use the shorter zoom and try and get some test shots in advance of the main event - to balance out ambient and flash if nothing else.

Good luck - please post some shots when you have done it.

Alan

I've got the same tomorrow. 24-105 will be fine, plus I'll be using a flash or two

Back