Football

if however he doesn't reply to comments then it's within other TP user's rights to not comment again!!..

Thats what I put.. I certainly wont be replying to any more now I know its not a kewl username and is indeed a known forum poster who decided to post as amonymous...

Like others i cant fathom why he or anyone would want to..

All this fake pics and not his pics I dont know where thats come from?

within the last 48 hrs i replied to a wedding pictures thread on TP that turned out to be setups and not even a wedding... then i find i am offering help to someone who doesnt even have the manners to respond and doesnt even post as himself...

Turning out to be a waste of time trying to be helpful..Why cant people just be open and up front :(

Just to close this, I guess Peter will explain it or not that's his desision?.

I'm closing my mouth on this "Kipax" AKA TONY!!:LOL:

I'm closing my mouth on this "Kipax" AKA TONY!!:LOL:

KIPAX aka Tony .. not even comparable as most people think my name is kipax and call me that... i bet nobody calls him anonymous in the pub :)

Also.. just to be really pedantic... Tony isn't my real name.. Like most Tonys.. It's Anthony

nagh nagh :)

I can't spell antony so thats why your Kipax:p

ps did you get the DIV body back?

Last edited:
The exif data given above does not included which lens set was used, so from a different exif reader on the first image

Artist: Peter Fitzpatrick
Camera: Canon EOS-1D Mark III
Lens: EF300mm f/2.8L IS USM +1.4x
Shot at 420 mm
Exposure: Auto exposure, Aperture-priority AE, 1/800 sec, f/4, ISO 640, Compensation: +1/3
Flash: none
Focus: At 26m, with a depth of field of about 15cm, (from about 7.2cm before the focus point to about 7.3cm after)
Date: May 24, 2011 8:09:52PM (timezone not specified)
(12 days, 12 hours, 1 minute, 47 seconds ago, assuming image timezone of US Pacific)

The Original post was by Peter, except that he ticked this box when creating a new thread:

Capture.JPG

The slight problem was that he hosted them on his Flickr account and left the Exif intact, hence them being not very anonymous at all!

As for the why, perhaps he wanted some feedback with out his name being involved?

Why? is he afraid his name might get trashed or something?

The only way i can see someone posting like this is because the pics he is posting he is not ALLOWED to post it in the first place and is for a client instead.

Its like "leaking" a mp3 album using a anonymous account.

makes perfectly sense actually. usually pics from a famous sports event like an international football game, u do it and take those pictures for a client, like a newspaper. Those same pics are owned by the client and not allowed to be posted in the web, So if say umm, The sun newspaper caught this guy posting "their" pics, his in deep drouble and therefore understandable why he used an anonymous account/username.

Hope that makes sense

Why? is he afraid his name might get trashed or something?

The only way i can see someone posting like this is because the pics he is posting he is not ALLOWED to post it in the first place and is for a client instead.

Its like "leaking" a mp3 album using a anonymous account.

makes perfectly sense actually. usually pics from a famous sports event like an international football game, u do it and take those pictures for a client, like a newspaper. Those same pics are owned by the client and not allowed to be posted in the web, So if say umm, The sun newspaper caught this guy posting "their" pics, his in deep drouble and therefore understandable why he used an anonymous account/username.

Hope that makes sense

You really really need to stop posting a load of complete guff.

If you don't understand the professional sports photography market, why are you questioning someone who works in it?

Is this the IGN gaming forum or something? why do some have lack of respect for others? Why cant some reply in the correct mature manner?

if i am wrong with my post, is there any need for an immature post?

Anyways, what possible reasons for posting the way the OP has then? Just so he or she can hide his username identity? why?

I didn't know that there was an option to post as 'Anonymous'. :eek:

I can't see the point of it to be honest. :shrug:

I'm sorry if the OP didn't appreciate my posting the EXIF, but I was doing it to point out how easy it was, and how much information may be contained in an image. If any OP decides to remove that information, then that is up to them. I just think that the information included can be used to educate, which is one of the reasons we are all here, to learn, and at the least cut down on questions about what camera and settings were used.

This is not just this OP, but any OP who starts a thread and doesn't reply when in a position to, it is being quite rude to those who have taken the time to comment. And if it is just to show off images and not start a possible dialogue in a thread, then stick the pics on a website somewhere.

Is this the IGN gaming forum or something? why do some have lack of respect for others? Why cant some reply in the correct mature manner?

Anyways, what possible reasons for posting the way the OP has then? Just so he or she can hide his username identity? why?

You are suggesting that Peter is posting images that don't belong to him when his copyright is splattered fairly clearly across the embedded data. I'd consider that incredibly insulting and damned right rude.

You clearly don't understand how images are owned and marketed in sports photography, hence my comment.

As for why he chose to post anonymously; that's his prerogative as the facility has been made available on here to everyone.

I'm sorry if the OP didn't appreciate my posting the EXIF, but I was doing it to point out how easy it was, and how much information may be contained in an image. If any OP decides to remove that information, then that is up to them. I just think that the information included can be used to educate, which is one of the reasons we are all here, to learn, and at the least cut down on questions about what camera and settings were used.

This is not just this OP, but any OP who starts a thread and doesn't reply when in a position to, it is being quite rude to those who have taken the time to comment. And if it is just to show off images and not start a possible dialogue in a thread, then stick the pics on a website somewhere.

100% agreed with both those points, especially about the use of Exif data.

Jonney I'm not excusing Marcs way of reply but if you were any "known name" in any subject who wished to interact within your subjects community, would you not hide you identity?, I'm not saying Peter is anyone or Not;), but if he wishes to hide behind an Alias judge his pics & be done!

You are suggesting that Peter is posting images that don't belong to him when his copyright is splattered fairly clearly across the embedded data. I'd consider that incredibly insulting and damned right rude.

You clearly don't understand how images are owned and marketed in sports photography, hence my comment.

As for why he chose to post anonymously; that's his prerogative as the facility has been made available on here to everyone.

no i was suggesting the OP was posting pics that do not belong to him as if you look at the OP's username, its not peter. i made that comment before someone mentioned you can post like that!

I then went on discussing WHY peter may have hidden his identity and you later posted a immature remark against me:thumbsdown:

Jonney I'm not excusing Marcs way of reply but if you were any "known name" in any subject who wished to interact within your subjects community, would you not hide you identity?, I'm not saying Peter is anyone or Not;), but if he wishes to hide behind an Alias judge his pics & be done!

i dont understand your post that clearly? Many here already hide their real identity in a public forum. Do you use your real name as your username? make your personal email public to everyone?

Jonneymendoza certainly aint my real name lol

no i was suggesting the OP was posting pics that do not belong to him as if you look at the OP's username, its not peter. i made that comment before someone mentioned you can post like that!

I then went on discussing WHY peter may have hidden his identity and you later posted a immature remark against me:thumbsdown:

The first part I get, and given the original post (ie as Anon) it's not really surprising that there's been some confusion. However you then went on to suggest (quoting my post) that he might not have the right to post them in the first place, which is completely out of order; hence my comments.

Is it not? Thats a shame, I quite liked it. :D

Weird how there has been alot of "hidden facts" recently on TP and how people have reacted/commented on it.

Like mentioned before, it happened in a Wedding thread which is still active.

Quite interesting to learn about all the different aspects of peoples opinions ...

-I'm not trying to rile anyone up here, and I'm not taking sides, this is just a fleeting observation-

To all;

As alluded to in this thread, I posted my own copyrighted material without my username.

I still don't understand why I need to explain myself, but it appears I must. I was looking for comments on the work posted on its own merits, I did not want my previous work to influence any feedback.

There is a feature of this forum to not use your actual username and I decided to use this feature.

I believe everyone is discussing the first photo in this thread, if it was "setup" , "Manipulated", "etc."

This photo was NOT setup, This photo was NOT manipulated........

This photo was taken at the Aviva stadium Ireland v N. Ireland in the Carling Nations Cup.

I still can't believe some of the posters calling a photo "faked" or not my own intellectual copyrighted property......

As far as calling my response to the Exif data being displayed childish, I just pointed out this circumvented the ability to post images without my username (my mistake).

Hopefully this answers all of the questions and puts the witch-hunt to an end.

P.S. when responding to a post that is anonymous, your actual username is then displayed, hence my hesitation to reply.

It will be the last time I use that feature, I am always happy to respond to any queries or comments made, again hence the P.S. above

Thanks again everyone.................mystery solved

Last edited:
petereoin said:
To all;

As alluded to in this thread, I posted my own copyrighted material without my username.

I still don't understand why I need to explain myself, but it appears I must. I was looking for comments on the work posted on its own merits, I did not want my previous work to influence any feedback.

There is a feature of this forum to not use your actual username and I decided to use this feature.

I believe everyone is discussing the first photo in this thread, if it was "setup" , "Manipulated", "etc."

This photo was NOT setup, This photo was NOT manipulated........

This photo was taken at the Aviva stadium Ireland v N. Ireland in the Carling Nations Cup.

I still can't believe some of the posters calling a photo "faked" or not my own intellectual copyrighted property......

As far as calling my response to the Exif data being displayed childish, I just pointed out this circumvented the ability to post images without my username (my mistake).

Hopefully this answers all of the questions and puts the witch-hunt to an end.

P.S. when responding to a post that is anonymous, your actual username is then displayed, hence my hesitation to reply.

It will be the last time I use that feature, I am always happy to respond to any queries or comments made, again hence the P.S. above

Thanks again everyone.................mystery solved

I don't know about others here but I never give impressions in photos based on who took the pic. Do people honestly do that here. If a person in here I hate soon bad and posts a brilliant pic. I will say it is a brilliant pic regardless whether I like the person or not

I don't know about others here but I never give impressions in photos based on who took the pic. Do people honestly do that here. If a person in here I hate soon bad and posts a brilliant pic. I will say it is a brilliant pic regardless whether I like the person or not

To be fair, I've never heard anyone say that they don't like Ansel Adams work? It surely can't be to everybodies taste? I'm sure it probably does happen on TP though. But don't get me wrong there are some genuinely talented people on this forum who do deserve the praise; I'm sure if they did post annoymously they would still get the same response praise.

As in this case. No offence to Peter I don't know who you are and that you photograph football, but they are very good images.

i dont understand your post that clearly? Many here already hide their real identity in a public forum. Do you use your real name as your username? make your personal email public to everyone?

You are correct in people hiding real names mine isn't bluesman;)(y) but Peter has HAD to explain his reasonings behind his which is wrong IMHO.

You are correct in people hiding real names mine isn't bluesman;)(y) but Peter has HAD to explain his reasonings behind his which is wrong IMHO.

Its not the same at all.. we all post in our username then offer pics for crit in our username.. the op posts in his username but then posts for crit without his username.. theres a massive difference..

plus using anon means we all answer and offer advice or help and the op doesnt respond which is bad mannered.. when he is pushed into responding we then have to work out who is who

my real name isnt kipax.. but if i post pics for crit it will be as kipax and everyone will know its kipax pics... i wont hide

I still don't understand why I need to explain myself,

Because you had lots of replies and didnt have the decency to respond to them.. thats quite simply why

but it appears I must. I was looking for comments on the work posted on its own merits, I did not want my previous work to influence any feedback.

you certainly have a high opinion of yoruself.. i dont recall seeing so much of your work that it would influence my comments

end of day... i ahd no idea who posted.. i had no idea it was an existing user using a feature hardly anyone knew about... sorry i just dont like being conned and i dont like havign the wool pulled over my eyes...

Because you had lots of replies and didnt have the decency to respond to them.. thats quite simply why

As mentioned in my response:

end of day... i ahd no idea who posted.. i had no idea it was an existing user using a feature hardly anyone knew about... sorry i just dont like being conned and i dont like havign the wool pulled over my eyes...

So why make such a big fuss then????????????

Conned HOW:bonk:

Wool pulled over my eyes:bang:

So why make such a big fuss then????????????

seriously.. I explain myself .. I make it quite clear whats wrong...then you ask me that?

tell you what.. lets me and you call it a day before we fall out eh? :)

seriously.. I explain myself .. I make it quite clear whats wrong...then you ask me that?

tell you what.. lets me and you call it a day before we fall out eh? :)

I have already notified the mod to lock this thread because it has become ridiculous. Let concentration on things more important, like photography and actually taking photos.

Wow, someone posts pictures asking for honest critique and everyone turns into school children bickering. Well done!

I'm sorry the OP felt the need to post Anonymously to get some genuine critique. :( If someone asks for critique, then I'll chime in if I think I have something to add, regardless of who the OP is. :shrug:

I always assumed that people were commenting on my pics because of the pics, it never occurred to me that my 'name' had any influence. :shrug: I hope that is not the way it works. :nono:

As for the pics, I really like them. The first pic especially, I think Robbie Keane coming into the sun really made him stand out from the background. (y) I think Kippax's crops improved them though. But all look pin sharp at these sizes.

Wish I had the opportunity to get so close, and which such good gear. ;) I doubt I'd get anywhere near to anything as good, but it would be nice to try. ;) :LOL:

Wow, someone posts pictures asking for honest critique and everyone turns into school children bickering. Well done!

Not quite Andy... in fact nowhere close to the problem..

Blame the OP. Anonymously posting pics? that in instelf sounds strange/dodgy.

Still, after his explanation it makes no sense to post Anonymously unless he has a bad name on himself in these forums?

you certainly have a high opinion of yoruself.. i dont recall seeing so much of your work that it would influence my comments

Well said Kipax. My thoughts as well.

Well said Kipax. My thoughts as well.

Originally Posted by KIPAX

As mentioned in my response:

AGAIN

I was the person who was accused of posting FAKE pictures, MANIPULATED pictures, NOT MY OWN WORK on this post NOT KIPAX, but lets all feel sorry for him and his rant.

One again I did nothing wrong..........

"Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
Not quite Andy... in fact nowhere close to the problem" doesn't feel Andy can read through the thread himself.

One again I did nothing wrong..........

No, nothing wrong as such.

But you did bring to light feature many of us knew nothing about, the option to post as 'Anonymous'. :eek:

Some of us, myself included, couldn't understand why someone would post Anonymously. :shrug:

Because there was no reply by you to the thread you started, some speculated on the reasons why someone would post as Anonymous. They may have got the reasons wrong, but without the OP giving an explanation to the contrary, one reason is as good as another. :shrug:

Some people were asking about how the pictures were taken, and because of the unusual lighting in the first pic speculated whether that had been manipulated with, but again because of no reply from you speculation, plus posting Anonymously, let any speculation which may be wrong take on a life of its own. :shrug:

Again, I think they are excellent pics, but a combination of posting Anonymously (which I don't think you or anyone needs the ability to do), and the reticence to reply to comments leading to speculation, has overshadowed the images. Sad, but things like that happen on forums when misunderstandings and conversational tangents take people away from the initial point. :(

Most of us may not post on the internet with our real names, myself included, but we have one internet identity. I am redhed17 everywhere I post on the internet for example. To use two identities, especially on the same site, seem duplicitous, whether intentional or not, and some viewers feel like they are being fooled, when again they may not be intentionally, or at least for any 'dark' reasons. Just as in 'real life', using more than one name leads to suspicion, so don't be surprised when speculation gets out of hand because of it.

So not 'wrong' to use the post as Anonymous feature, but not a surprise the way the thread went because of it once people learned of the feature. I think many of us now when we see a thread by 'Anonymous' rather than thinking it a clever username, may approach the thread in a different way, or even steer clear of it.

Yup i wont bother posting anyone hiding themselves. whats the point. blooming pointless. This guy is tarnashing his name by his own account!

if he/she was honest and just post with his proper name, we wouldnt be discussing this but NOOOO he wants to hide his identity for a strange reason.

Back