For all you Nikon users

Edit My Images
Yes
Nikon Europe Customer Care Notice

Safety Warning Recall of Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL3 for Nikon D-SLR Cameras
I've just seen this

Nikon Recalls EN-EL3 Li-ion Batteries

Through strict quality control procedures Nikon has detected that on rare occasions some rechargeable Li-ion batteries of the type EN-EL3 for Nikon Digital SLR cameras may become defective, resulting in overheating during recharging. Investigations have clarified that the cause of the defect is not a design fault, but has resulted from a problem in a manufacturing process that occurred during the production of this battery type between May and September 2004. In the interests of its customers and as a reflection of Nikon’s commitment to safety and product quality, the company has initiated a voluntary recall and replacement program of all EN-EL3 batteries manufactured during this period. The EN-EL3 is provided as a supplied accessory with the D100, D70 and D50 Digital SLR cameras. It is also sold as a separate accessory for these camera models, and can be used in the Nikon D70s.

Full story link below
http://www.photographyblog.com/index.php/weblog/comments/nikon_recalls_en_el3_li_ion_batteries/

Thanks for the news davey..I have copied it to our news section.

doh, just checked the nikon euro link and my battery code is on there :(

better pop back to bristol and get me a new one then.

site linky here for all the relevant codes.

thanks for the heads up ;)

Back