For JL :)

Name
Adele
Edit My Images
Yes
Because he's heard through his threads what I've had to say on the subject....but here is my first try of HDR [not via photomatrix]

2369080199_8a6f3fcae5.jpg

my teenage daughter walked past the screen and said THAT IS LOVELY well done

Yay a thread for me :D hehe - I really like it Adele, love the detail on the bed below the water (y) and I like the moodyness in the sky now :) Well done for having a go! and not going ott :p are you happy with it?

Thats lovely Adele, not ott, but just enought to let you know its HDR(y)
Dean:)

That's beautiful,love the colours (y)
Thanks, i want to go to the coast now, and other places and I want a wide angle, and a ND filter.....:LOL:

my teenage daughter walked past the screen and said THAT IS LOVELY well done

Glad to get your daughters seal of approval! :clap:

Only bit of the photo that is noticeably HDR'd are the clouds.
Rest is ace.
Well done on getting foreground interest - its pretty vital in these types of photos, from what I've seen :)

Yep it does seem to be vital, as you can see from the pics, you cannot really see the foreground intrerest as much as normal, I did take these knowing I was going to be getting the HDR software.

Great pic, you've done yourself proud

Thank you!

Yay a thread for me :D hehe - I really like it Adele, love the detail on the bed below the water (y) and I like the moodyness in the sky now :) Well done for having a go! and not going ott :p are you happy with it?

Thats what I was most happy with, the detail in the bed that it brought out. SOmetimes the skys look a little too OTT for me, but these are what make good BW images.

Thats lovely Adele, not ott, but just enought to let you know its HDR(y)
Dean:)

Thanks Dean

Excellent phot, I really like the composition and colours, and agree the comparison shot is over processed. What you've put up looks just right.

Only slight niggle, I think I either want a big rock in the foreground or get rid of the small bright one altogether. It feels like it's trying to get my attention being so bright but when I get there it's not much to look at. Really minor quibble about a great photo though.

Very nice Adele (y) - good to see it as a portrait version, which I think adds dynamism when you have a decent foreground/midground/background combo, as you do here.

Thanks Marky, the shots I took in landscape I felt needed to have a BIT more foreground interest, but I could see there was an option for and HDR thats why Ied it.

That's REALLY nice Adele! Very well controlled.
Thank you, sometimes its just too easy to go OTT

Excellent phot, I really like the composition and colours, and agree the comparison shot is over processed. What you've put up looks just right.

Only slight niggle, I think I either want a big rock in the foreground or get rid of the small bright one altogether. It feels like it's trying to get my attention being so bright but when I get there it's not much to look at. Really minor quibble about a great photo though.

I know what you mean, its not that bright on the origional shot, its the HDR that makes it alot brighter, I may try and dodge it darker, thanks for the comment :)

I reckon the clouds are definitely over-cooked ... :cautious: ... but that is one respectable image Dell ... (y)

Processing aside the basic image is very well thought out and the composition floats my boat ... :D

:p

Thats really good. :clap: Not ventured into HDR yet. May give it a go, fingers crossed.

Thats really good. :clap: Not ventured into HDR yet. May give it a go, fingers crossed.

One of the first times i'd ventured!!

I reckon the clouds are definitely over-cooked ... :cautious: ... but that is one respectable image Dell ... (y)

Processing aside the basic image is very well thought out and the composition floats my boat ... :D

:p

Be better if it was green though? :)
The clouds are overcooked - but....ive found that its veryveryvery easy to overcook the clouds. :crying:

Back