For the reptile lovers (Snake feeding warning)

Name
Rachel
Edit My Images
No
Hey all, thought I would post a thread with a few amateur photographs of my and my fiances reptile collection, relativerly small at the moment but hoping to expand in the coming few years (y)
Photos arent great, from a variety of cameras but I just thought it would interesting to get your feedback and see if there are any other reptile fans on here?

1st up is 2 shots of our Varanus Acantharus (Yellow Ackie Dwarf monitors), theyre a very active trio and extremely daft, but they have their lazy moments which are good for photos! (without trying to scar ethem too much)
DSCF0615-1.jpg

DSCF0611-1.jpg

DSCF4755-Copy.jpg

Next up is Earl our royal python, apologies to anyone who is squeamish, the mouse was already dead it was bought and frozen, we don't feed him live prey. But I thought it was a good moment to see a snake in action, scares the life out of me everytime he strikes!
DSCF0603.jpg

DSCF0573.jpg

Next we have my Crested Gecko called Treacle, he doesn't stay still long so this was the best I could get.
DSCF4836-1.jpg

And last but not least, my 2 Leopard Geckos.
The first is a rare glimpse of one of them shedding its skin (they eat it once they've shed!)
DSCF0256.jpg

DSCF4935.jpg

DSCF0659.jpg

DSCF0683.jpg

It is an ongoing process of learning what settings are best to use with regards to vivarium lighting, room lighting and not scaring the reptiles too much.

Hope you all like :):)

Last edited:
RachelWaltham90 said:
Thank you :) You definetely should! what snakes do you have? :D

Erm I have a normal royal, bet albino royal, blizzard corn, ghost stripe corn, oketee corn, amel corn Anery corn, snow corn, desert Albany king, desert stripe king, Florida king, red tailed boa, Kenyan sand boa and a bredls python, have lizards and inverts aswell, need to sell some of them really as just started a second job so I'm finding it hard to keep up with all the reps ),: sorry for late reply x

Back