For those into pinhole photography on their SLR

I saw that yesterday but had the same thought about extension tubes. All pinhole sizes are designed around the total image circle required and the flange depth of the camera using it. While pinholes are never designed for their sharpness, changing the size of the hole without adjusting the flange depth will surely result in a variance of output quality? I haven't done the maths on these ones but I'd expect that there will be one pinhole at the 'correct' size for the flange depth and the rest would be wrong?

Looks interesting... but I'm not sure my low use of my existing Holga pinhole justifies buying another one, even if it does have multiple apertures! BTW I found my pinhole needed an extension tube to avoid vignetting, not sure why.

On the subject of pinhole photography, I saw someone using what looked like a 5x4 wooden pinhole camera on Regents Canal in London on Monday. Was it anyone here?

Steve.

For the sake of the cost of 4 or 5 pre-cut pinholes, I've backed it for 2 - one for the Nikons (film and d*****l "other") and one for Fuji CSC (other). I have old manual extension tubes for both systems so should be able to make use of the assorted pinhole sizes - trial and (loads of!) error should get a list of which holes work best at which focal lengths.

On the subject of pinhole photography, I saw someone using what looked like a 5x4 wooden pinhole camera on Regents Canal in London on Monday. Was it anyone here?

Steve.
It wasn't me but it could have been an Intrepid 5x4, they came supplied with a pinhole lens.

Not sure if this has been posted before, but this doesn't look like a bad option for those into pinhole on 35mm film :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...onal-pinhole-lens-for-dslr-and?ref=nav_search

Could possible add extension tubes for changing 'focal length' as well.

Holy thread revival!!!!

I don't know if that 2017 KS project didn't get funded (when I clicked the 2017 link above I ended up at the campaign below), but there's an almost identical pinhole on offer with a couple of extra variants here: https://www.kickstarter.com/project...ooster&utm_content=link&utm_campaign=7cfd2c78

This one does appear to have passed its target already. My pinhole photography using extension tubes on the Pentax SLRs has always been very soft, and someone said that's probably because the (Holga) pinhole was the wrong size. (I used extension tubes because mounted direct on the lens mount the image circle was smaller than the film frame, black vignetting.)

Back