Edit My Images
No
Some Bitterns!

4226727110_453d09cb49_o.jpg

4226747692_f0691e8874_o.jpg

4225710561_23f25f8b48_o.jpg

4226771862_07fb5025f0_o.jpg

4226066017_d37dbcba7b_o.jpg

No 3 is a pretty decent shot. Best composed and exposed. Nice one(y)

WOW ive never seen one of those before. there awsome shots, no5 looks like hes sneeking up on its dinner.lol

Thanks everyone. The light was pretty dire at times - ask IanC_UK who turned up after I shot these! :D:D:D

Fantastic Captures I really Like No.2 No.3 No.4 And No.5 Very Sharp and Crisp And Great Colours Very Well Done

Kirk

Thanks for the comments everyone. We are a bit spoilt at the moment - at least four bitterns, showing up to ten times a day! Plus at least nine marsh harriers. Now off out again ... :D

Thanks for the comments. Weather and light were terrible yesterday but hope to get back on the bitterns on New Years Day - providing tonights celebrations do not get to "liquid" :beer::beer:

:thinking: I wonder if it is against the law to be drunk in charge of a camera?

1st and last are just WOW!!!!! The rest are very good also.

Hi Grumpybadger. Yes, Strumpshaw. There were at least four seperate birds on view on the 27th, with about nine overall sightings (for me) at the Fen hide. Most were bird in flight at a fair distance (heavy crop even with a 600 +TC.) 28th and 29th both days saw at least three different birds. Yesterday was dire - damp/wet weather and the birds seem to stop moving as much.

These birds seem to be different ones to the summer ones - possibly migrants from the continent - and are not as shy. Whether this is due to lack of available food I am not sure. They also seem smaller, perhaps they are first winter birds? The site has been frozen over most of the time recently, but has now thawed and thus the water level is higher than normal. (Normal boots/shoes will get you to the Fen hide, but wellies are required to get round to the Tower hide or the Lackford run.

Closest view has been at about 10m. :D

Some really good natural shots :clap: Dont have any of those around here Im afraid :)

Norfolk may have its bitterns and marsh harriers, but you try driving here ... :bang:

and in my garden I may have goldfinches, house sparrows, collared doves, and GS woodpeckers, but a robin? I haven't seen one for ages! :shrug:

Envy doesn't explain my thoughts;) Excellent shots and great technique too(y)

Back