Ford Fiesta MK7 ZS

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
I went out to take some photos of my car with Ash. This was our first time attempting a shoot with off camera flashes. We used 2 550ex's and a 430. Without any manuals or any previous experience it took us ages to get them working. When they DID work, we then didn't really know where to put them so it wasn't the most successful night :LOL:

Because we were so involved with trying to sort out the flashes I also took almost no notice of camera settings at all. oops

Here are 3 photos which are acceptable!

5042398981_5251230150_b.jpg

5043021058_f0b27fb6d1_b.jpg

3. I didn't use any flash for this photo, just the strip lighting in the building.

5043021230_9a9bd3ee13_b.jpg

I'm looking for HONEST C+C please (y)

I prefer the "natural" lighting on the last one, maybe just me but the rear quarter in the second one around the tail light and rear pillar looks soft.

First off, well done for playing around with flashes and giving it a bash.

You've done ok but you have one MAJOR problem.........The car is Black. Black cars are a nightmare to light up with flash, trust me on that.

Next time you and your mate go out, use another car, a car thats lighter in colour, like a blue, red, or even a white if you can.

You will then learn alot faster with the flashes and can then build your way upto black.

Also, set up your composition first and then add the flashes to work with that composition. I can see this time that you've kind of plonked the camera down and had fun with the flashes but not ideal.

I can't see your Exif data but make sure you shoot in manual and underexpose the background but a stop of light to help the car stand out more.

I look forward to the next set :D

Thank you for that reply Dal! I appreciate it.

Next time I think we should go in Ash's white car. lol

I wonder why you cant see the exif though :thinking:

I was shooting in manual, although I didn't particularly pay attention to the settings this time :shake:

Harris, the Fiesta hasn't been round yet. I went round in my last car though (y)

Have you been round the 'ring ?
Not really helpful to the OP is it?

Thank you for that reply Dal! I appreciate it.

Next time I think we should go in Ash's white car. lol

I wonder why you cant see the exif though :thinking:

I was shooting in manual, although I didn't particularly pay attention to the settings this time :shake:

Harris, the Fiesta hasn't been round yet. I went round in my last car though (y)

No problems Viper, you'll find you will learn alot faster with the white car.

I'm back on my laptop now and the Exif data is blocked :shrug:.

Manual is the right mode you want to shoot it. Just speed your shutter speed up to cut the background light down a tad.

Have fun with it no matter what though (y)

Back