Ford Focus ST

Name
Kris
Edit My Images
Yes
This was nice, borrowed it while I shot a boring BMW, well the heavens opened so the BM went home. As you can imagine I have hundreds but better not bore you with them here.

x.jpg

IMG_5648x.jpg

IMG_5585Skyx.jpg

IMG_5399x.jpg

Any thoughts ?

I like the last one :)

The 3rd reminds me of "father ted" for some reason :shrug:

I'm not over keen on the heavy contrast on the car on the others, the orange isn't a true likeness to the original, it probably wouldn't matter to a person who wasn't aware of the actual colour.

Yeah last one you could almost see on a ford advert couldnt you

I like #3, the contrast between the car and green grass is superb. #4 also floats my boat but I'm not keen on the second shot due to the blown highlights.

#4 for me excellent work (y)

I'm not a fan of Fords but they do look like advertisement quality pics. Well done(y)

The electric orange should pop!

The last one looks like it's sitting awkwardly due to the road, you have a rear wheel extended down the camber while the n/s front is compressed.

A great series of images and i'm sure that the owner would love any of them printed. But for me it's still the one on the boat ramp that wins.

And whats happened to the center caps from the wheels........I hope you didn't remove them so I wouldn't tell you the badge isn't correctly orientated :nono:

Re the crap car comment........it's outsold all it's rivals since it was launched....can't be that bad ;)

lol, I knew someone would notice... The car is unregistered and had not even been pdi'd yet, all I did was put a fakey plate on the back, popped the antennae on, and removed the normal delivery stickers, I simply couldn't find the caps for the wheels in the car anywhere.

With regard to the wheels/camber, this was one of the reason for choosing this spot, while the car is clearly level, the extension and compression of the wheels were to enhance a "hugging the road" feel or look.

Chrispons, do you mean the colour shown, or the colour of the car as is ?

I'm not a fan of #2 either, I have better edits.

Thanks to everyone for the comments, most appreciated.

IMG_5519.jpg

IMG_5659Carxxx-1.jpg

IMG_5646.jpg

RIGHT THATS IT!! I'VE HAD ENOUGH!!

how the hell do you's get the photos to look like them? how do you's edit them and what do you's use?

the 2nd one in the post above is lush, probably not everyones cup of tea but i realy like it, did you use a light to light the front end of the car or was it just another cars lights you used?

i love the orange of the st and have to agree with digitalfailure that the colour does seem a little bit overstaurated in some. the 1st shot it looks very very strong and i dont know if its just my eyes but the wheels look oddly oversized, like putting 22" wheels on a saxo :confused: i do however absolutely love the 4th shot on the sea ramp. im going to have to take my arden blue vectra out now and try he same shot, thank you for the inspiration kris :D

no 4 works for me, also agree on no3 having a father ted feel lol.

really nice set all round, good work again (y)

#4 from your original post is quality IMHO, closely followed by #3, great tones and contrasting colours. You contacted ford yet?

Nice photos - crap car!

I took one for a test drive & hated it - and had I liked it I was going to buy one

Good photos though

You don't know a great deal about cars then I take it?? It'll go down as one of the best hot hatches ever to be built. The engine note sounds like god yawning, it pulls a flat torque curve from 1600-4000 rpm's, and for the money will more than push a WRX, and for 500 quid a bluefin will see it into STi territory. Legendary car.

On a different note, the last pic is awesome.

Nice shots, like them all!
The contrasts are great and you've picked out some tremendous locations.
Being a Ford just slightly spoils them tho lol!
Still, could be worse, you could have used a Vauxhall ;)

You don't know a great deal about cars then I take it?? It'll go down as one of the best hot hatches ever to be built. The engine note sounds like god yawning, it pulls a flat torque curve from 1600-4000 rpm's, and for the money will more than push a WRX, and for 500 quid a bluefin will see it into STi territory. Legendary car.

On a different note, the last pic is awesome.

Well said !! I have just picked up a red one and it's awesome.

Wish I could take pics of it like this...think i'll take it out with camera and do my worst :D

Liberalis,

Just a tad oversaturated in processing for me,in answer to your query,but striking images ,and pleased Ford like them.
Not so keen where the exposure darkens the background it up so much that you cannot see it,but it matters little what I think ,good work,mukker.

Pons.

Ooooh very nice!

On the original 4:

1) I like the background, the colours are lovely but I think you have blown the colour of the car...

2) Don't like the flash on the front of the car, again background is lovely

3) Sky and grass are lovely again, really nice, but feel the car is too small to be the subject

4) Definitely the pick of the four, nice composition, the colours work to emphasis the car, although the feel of it now is of one of those motivational posters, almost needs a slogan across the bottom, perhaps something like "not everything orange is a fruit" ;-) sorry, ran out of funny lines for once here!

Hiya, I'm quite impressed with these shots. I particularly like the 4th shot, where the car is on a slight downward slope, facing the water. I also like the next close up shot..........I think that is pretty cool. Finally, I love the 2nd of the last 3 shots uploaded...........love the low angle perspective and the light on the car.

Love the Focus ST, wish they did them in a diesel, lol.:LOL:

Very nice shots indeed. (y):)

Would love to see a shot of 3 without the car, where is it?

First for me, love the drama of old against sparkling new.

There is some red/cyan fringing on the building I'd remedy, otherwise-good work.

Actually I know an awful lot about cars, and I know this is a fantastic car of its type too

What I really meant was it's a crap car for me. The ride quality and general build feel is awful, it didn't really feel that quick either and the salesman was honest enough to tell me few owners better 20 mpg if they drive it quickly at all

Back