Foremark.

I really like the 1st, but the noise is an issue. The 2nd, have you deliberately chosen the horizon slope? I would prefer to see it straight...

I really like the 1st, but the noise is an issue. The 2nd, have you deliberately chosen the horizon slope? I would prefer to see it straight...

Yes i did want it sloping, and yes the noise is there but i dont think it takes from the shot and i like the second one the best :D

no.1 draws you in very well and I like the silhouette of the tree, the sky is excellent. I would maybe consider cloning out the small branch that enters the frame from the very top, it's a little distracting

no.2, great foreground and the sloping horizon gives the image a more abstract feel, well composed

no.1 draws you in very well and I like the silhouette of the tree, the sky is excellent. I would maybe consider cloning out the small branch that enters the frame from the very top, it's a little distracting

no.2, great foreground and the sloping horizon gives the image a more abstract feel, well composed

Thank you ,
very good critique, good aswell as how i can improve.....

Please observe the forum rules for image sizes.

First one the noise does not bother me and i like the scene. don't like the bottom vignette from the fence or whatever it is.

Interesting seeing the above comments as i don't see much of merit in #2 and certainly don't see a sloping horizon as adding to a shot.

no 1 too dark in foreground, so wasted quite a bit of the picture, makes it a two part picture, it does not flow through the whole image. dark bottom light top, no dark to light flow. also the little branch at top is a distraction. might work trying to bring the levels up slighlty in the forground. or try using grad filters to assist the picture in camera.

number two good idea shame that the landscape doesnt match the style of the image, the rule of thirds the eye holder is a non descript rock in the main bunch. agian would of tried to use one of the three big rocks as an eye holder/rule of third centre.

hope this helps
Eric

Back