Forest v Coventry

Name
Marc
Edit My Images
Yes
Penultimate league game of the season for Coventry and the final game for Forest. Anything less than a win for Forest would see them relegated. Coventry were looking for three points to secure third place in the league.

1;

IMG_3202 by photomarc.info, on Flickr

2;

IMG_3240 by photomarc.info, on Flickr

3;

IMG_3312 by photomarc.info, on Flickr

4;

IMG_3346 by photomarc.info, on Flickr

5;

IMG_3354 by photomarc.info, on Flickr

6;

IMG_3411 by photomarc.info, on Flickr

The game ended 1:1 and Forest were relegated.

Nice captures, what is going on in #5? Is he proposing?

Watch your backgrounds. I know there is nothing you can do about that rope in the background... but you have some decent shots that are ruined by the dad holding his daughter in the background.

really like how youve captured the emotion of the player in the last photo, also seems that both forests team were fighting to stay up

Ok, a little constructive crit. I've had a quick look at your exif on flickr and 2 things spring to mind.

The first is you were using a zoom but are not using it to its fullest extent. Holding the camera horizontal and using the central focus point results in loads of wasted space around the action. Sure, there is an arguement of shooting loose for publication, but if these are for your own enjoyment, you will notice a massive increase in quality by shooting full frame whenever possible, and often this means vertical shots. Getting the subject as close as possible for the focal length really aids as the subject will 'pop' from the background. If you ever see the originals from a top level pro sports shooter you'll see thats what they do.

Second, the noise looks a little heavy. It could be that you've employeed -2/3 EV compensation and pulled them back in PP or cropped to much.

Good capture of action, good use of backgrounds in the main, and all in all a decent set

Mike

Been away from the forum for a while so sorry for not replying to comments and thanks to everyone who did comment.

I'll give the vertical shooting a try over the next few weeks, there are a lot of pre-season games to come so it's something to experiment with. I'll post a few shots up and see if you can see an improvement!

The dad and daughter background was just one of those things. I was shooting a few of the players talking and just spotted that shot. That was the only second or so where she didn't have her hands covering her face. I'm not a fan of that rope either, problem with it was, wherever you went, it was there!

I don't think the physio was proposing, but I have no idea how they ended up holding hands in the middle of the pitch! I'll see how that develops over the coming season!

Back