Forkytail/earwig

dod

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ebenezer McScrooge III
Edit My Images
Yes
Latest insect shots, a cooperative forkytail. Critique appreciated as I'm still trying to get to grips with composition etc for these and I think they may be a bit central. With the exception of the eye these are all full frame, no cropping for a change, just trying to see if it works.

forkytail1.jpg

forkytail2.jpg

forkytail3.jpg

And a quick plug for the 100mm F2.8 macro :p The eye's on these things are tiny.
forkyeye2.jpg

#3, cracker!

Have to say I really like no1, I think it's more to do with the shape of the leaf. Very Bugs Life! :icon_cool

thanks guys, when it takes about 70 shots to get three you're reasonably happy with it's a relief to know they're not totally rubbish :)

Ones a belter but number two would have been my favourite if you had the focal piont ever so slightly more forward or had used a slightly larger dof.

Its so close to being a fantastic shot but the anteni are just a touch too far out fo focus not to distract a little.

All great shots though, I just had to offer some area where you might like to improve. :)

Steve said:
Its so close to being a fantastic shot but the anteni are just a touch too far out fo focus not to distract a little.

All great shots though, I just had to offer some area where you might like to improve. :)

Thanks Steve, perfect critique as usual. I'm more than happy to get my photo's ripped apart if necessary, you know what it's like when you take them, sometimes you don't see the flaws which others do :)

Back