Format Hitech filters

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
No
Good afternoon all,

In case this is of any interest, Format Hitech are having a sale between 25% and 55% if you chose the right products. Their webpage is: http://www.formatt-hitech.com/

well spotted

Thanks, just ordered a Firecrest Polariser and 13 stopper to complete my set!!!
I've just looked at the 13 stop firecrest as I find the 16 stop too long, their price with tax, shipping and discount comes out at £165. Am I missing something here? That seems a lot for the filter considering the Lee super stopper is £100.

I've just looked at the 13 stop firecrest as I find the 16 stop too long, their price with tax, shipping and discount comes out at £165. Am I missing something here? That seems a lot for the filter considering the Lee super stopper is £100.

Rob I already have Firecrest 10 and 16 stoppers. I bought the 16 stopper before the Lee Super Stopper was available, and no nothing of the performance of the Super Stopper with respect to colour cast etc, all I can say is that even at 16 stops the Firecrest is very neutral. I ordered the 13 stopper as quite a lot of the time I find that 10 stops is not enough and 16 stops is too many. Yes I can stack filters, but I'd rather have the right tool for the job.

BTW all of my Firecrest full NDs are circular 72mm (only my grads are slot in, but I use the 85mm system). The 13 stopper and Ultra Slim Firecrest Polariser cost £115 inc VAT/delivery, which I don't think is too bad.

Rob I already have Firecrest 10 and 16 stoppers. I bought the 16 stopper before the Lee Super Stopper was available, and no nothing of the performance of the Super Stopper with respect to colour cast etc, all I can say is that even at 16 stops the Firecrest is very neutral. I ordered the 13 stopper as quite a lot of the time I find that 10 stops is not enough and 16 stops is too many. Yes I can stack filters, but I'd rather have the right tool for the job.

BTW all of my Firecrest full NDs are circular 72mm (only my grads are slot in, but I use the 85mm system). The 13 stopper and Ultra Slim Firecrest Polariser cost £115 inc VAT/delivery, which I don't think is too bad.
That's not a bad price at all. I have the same issue, I often find 10 is not enough and 16 is too much.

I went through to checkout with the 13 stop 100mm square firecrest and the price was £165 including the discount and delivery, Bristol cameras sell the same 13 stop filter at £135 inc delivery. Even with the 25% discount the Hitech website is more than elsewhere. I think I will give it a miss and see if I can pick one up another time. This 25% off sale looks like its dependant on what size/type you buy.

Edit: amazon do the 13 stop firecrest 100mm for £100. For the 100mm system it looks like it's worth shopping around as prices vary greatly.

Last edited:
Back