Formatt Hitech adaptor

Name
neil
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys i am after a 82mm wide angle Formatt Hitech adaptor for the 100mm holder system but the hitch ones are around the £40 mark, can you get a third party adaptor that'll fit the Hitech holder ???

Neil,

I had the same thought a few weeks back. There is a thread on here somewhere. In short, I found a few on Ebay that state that they will fit the Lee/Hitech holders. I took the Hitech to mean Formatt Hitech, duly ordered one, only to find, to my dissapointment, that it was to big by around 3-4mm. I think that the suggestion that the ring adapter would fit Hitech may mean that it's for the Lacroit system, or perhaps something else, as it certainly would not fit my 100mm system. I sent mine back for a full refund.

It's rather a shame that a company like Formatt Hitech charge such an extortionate amount for something so seemingly cheap and easy to make. The ebay one I bought was £13 and even though it's the wrong size, it would be the same sort of production costs. If they can do it then I'm guessing that Formatt could, too. After all, if you are buying an adapter then it's a fair guess you are already an exisiting loyal customer. But then again, perhaps they feel that as you are already tied into their system then it's time to get pulling on the udders and milk you for as much as they can.

If you do happen to find an 82mm wide angle adapter that fits I'd appreciate if you could let me know.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback, i totally agree about the cost of Formatt Hitech, i did have an original one but i left high on a big hill along with the filter holder and a couple of filters, i did go back up but it had gone :banghead: so i am now trying to replace everything, i have got most of what i lost, just need the adaptor now, i will say i had just taken my 105mm polariser of and put it in my bag or i would have been in tears for month lol

Mark, if you have two then i would be interested in the other, if you no longer require it. Assuming it is the wide angle version, that is.

As a further update: i see that the one i bought on ebay can be bought from China for about £4.00 posted. Apart from size, there's very little difference in that and the Formatt one, which gives an idea of what they can be produced for.

Last edited:
Hi mark i will take one please, would you like to go to PM

Back