Formopan 100

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
I have been given 3 rolls of Formopan 100 35mm film.

My usual stock is 400Tx so I am wondering if anyone has used this film and can advise on any foibles.

I am down in Dorset wandering the coast before the cold weagher takes gold.

It's a bit on the slow side if the weekend does not brighten so any advice on perhaps pushing it would be gratefully received. I will be using my Pentax LX plus range of M lenses so a full manual time (will have my light meter all the same).

Cheers to all

Steve

From what I've heard, the ISO ratings are little bit generous, 100 would probably be better at 80.

@Hugh Jarse If you're developing it yourself be advised that the emulsion is very soft and prone to damage if you don't handle it carefully.

What Rob says is true in my experience as well, although the 100 is nowhere near as bad as the 200 (more like 125 with the developing times they suggested) or 400 (more like 200 or at a pinch 250). It's a classical cubic grain emulsion though so it has quite a bit of latitude.

Last edited:
From what I've heard, the ISO ratings are little bit generous, 100 would probably be better at 80.
It sounds a sensible idea. Nothing to lose either. [emoji106]

Many tanks

Steve

I use Fomapan 200 a lot and if 100 is anything like that, take the light meter reading and treble the exposure time to get a decent starting point.

I have used a lot of Fomapan 100, I have always rated it at 100, but also always use an incident meter rather than a camera meter. The results have been good in my view and it renders some nice mono tones. It is a rather thin and flexible neg that very easily damages, so as others have said in can scratch even when carefully handled. I also always pre wash before developing, and use an anti static wetting agent and never dry with a squeegee.

Fomapan rated at 100

26150897421_3d2890c5a5_c.jpg

Last edited:
Its a weird film, this... I had some utterly dire results in 35mm, and some pretty poor ones on mf in my mamiya, but the roll I put through a lubitel was wonderful, beautiful grain, lovely tones...

Back