Formula 1 - Italian Grand Prix

NFI

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
I'll consider this as my home GP as I've grown up 2h drive from the track, despite that I've never visited it till I was 23..:shake:

Was not too optimistic after the bad experience earlier this year for the WTCC but I hanged around with a local guy I met in Spa and i got the stock shoots out of the way quickly.

1 - good to finally have a Vettel shoot without other people in it.

9710566330_978f33a44a_c.jpg

2 - on Friday morning Lewis set the fastest time.

9707326739_1e328ecdb7_c.jpg

3 - however in the afternoon and rest of weekend he didn't have the same pace.

9707326613_c6c079b775_c.jpg

4 - you need special access to get on the photo tower for F1 and tickets are limited per session, was hoping to go there for qualifying to get some shoots with the crowd but I was only able to get FP3 access.

9707326427_6c6c2bb8ee_c.jpg

5 - most loved team, and probably last year of Felipe in Ferrari.

9710560424_35bbb7c601_c.jpg

6 - happy b-day McLaren, what a shame you not competitive this year

9710559726_1aff296477_c.jpg

7 - grandstands packed with a red dominant

9707318533_1b9ec0f954_c.jpg

9710557792_c9eba4dcf2_c.jpg

9 - Vettel cruising to his 4th consecutive title?

9707317729_092301187a_c.jpg

10 - some guy in the background ruining my shot :bang:

9710557126_8cd3d9a426_c.jpg

11 - best podium ceremony in the World/worst way back to the media centre in the World

9707317017_582a197044_c.jpg

9707316481_f44124af25_c.jpg

Last edited:
3 and 4 are utterly brilliant. The slow shutter stuff really works for me with the f1 cars. I really like the POV of 9 as well. The "people" shots are all very good, but it is the car shots that do it for me, and though they are all good, the ones I pointed out really excel in my book!

edit: - just noticed the kerbing on the Felipe shot, and despite the shutter being very quick, which I understand why it is necessary, the shot works very nicely. What would have been even better, would have been for a nice clear shadow of the ferrari falling onto the colours of the flag.
Nitpicking to the extreme...i Know

Last edited:
3 and 4 are utterly brilliant. The slow shutter stuff really works for me with the f1 cars. I really like the POV of 9 as well. The "people" shots are all very good, but it is the car shots that do it for me, and though they are all good, the ones I pointed out really excel in my book!

edit: - just noticed the kerbing on the Felipe shot, and despite the shutter being very quick, which I understand why it is necessary, the shot works very nicely. What would have been even better, would have been for a nice clear shadow of the ferrari falling onto the colours of the flag.
Nitpicking to the extreme...i Know

Thanks for the comment Matty, really appreciate it. :) what annoys me most is the bloke in #3, wish I could clone it away :bonk:

Love the effect in #7 could you tell me how it is achieved?

Thanks, that technique is called 'zooming' as you may guess you need to zoom whilst pressing the shutter, and you have to use a reasonably slower shutter speed

2,3 and 4 are stunning images.....especially like the effect of the sun shining through the trees in 2

Well done !!

Phil

No 7 & 8 for me, great set.

I had the pleasure of meeting Mr Vettel in Hungary but his hair was not that blond then!!

2,3 and 4 are stunning images.....especially like the effect of the sun shining through the trees in 2

Well done !!

Phil

No 7 & 8 for me, great set.

I had the pleasure of meeting Mr Vettel in Hungary but his hair was not that blond then!!

Thanks guys, I think Vettel changed his hair color just before Spa, he seems a great guy from the brief moments I saw him

#7 and #9 rock it for me (y)

Very creative and great shots mate. Like them a lot.

Cheers Nick, really appreciate it. See you soon(y)

#7 and #9 rock it for me (y)

Love those big wide angle slow pans of 3&4, very darren heath! 9 is a great pov. Cracking set.

God set, 2 and 4 the best for me.

#7 really messes with your eyes, lol.

Good set

umh I guess it tells you where to look at ;)

3+9 for me superb

Lovely set, felt sorry about the guy in the background in No 10 bugging you so I cloned him out for you :)

vettel2 by Bowz999, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back