Formula 1 Testing: Silverstone Thursday 15th September

Sorry I fly out to Germany early Thursday morning so I will have to pass on this :(

got ahuge job, Polish national theatre or something needs acoustic treatments from a first class manufacturer, but we are doing it, lol

Joe T said:
What a miserable bunch of excuses from you lot! :p

And if you pay for your own ticket I will let you sit at the side of me on the plane..you'll have to find your own way once there though :D

I'd love to go but I don't think my 1 yr old would take to sitting there very very quietly while I run off and do some photography :D Bit too far for me tbh though.

If it was close then I may have taken him, but wandering around with a buggy and a baby boy does limit access to the more advantageous points somewhat :(

I really do wish I could go again, all of us that attended the last time got some great shots.

Hopefully you will do us proud Joe and show us some stunning photos on your return. :)

waits for the rooster tail shots and photos of wrecked F1 cars :)

Well, I'm back. It rained a bit this morning, quite a lot at times, but it was nice and overcast, so there was no porlbmes with sun reflections on the cars. It brightened up a lot this afternoon, so it was definitely worth staying after lunch.

I took around 325 pics (filled 2 1GB cards!), and have so far whittle it down to 133. I shot raw+basic jpeg, so I'm going through the jpegs at the mo.

Not sure if proper pics will be up tonight, it may be the weekend before I get them up.

The Sigma was generally ok, unless used at 200mm+, when it got really soft. :( Dreaming of a Sigma 100-300 F4, or a Nikon 300mm F4.....

Using ISO 400 and a shutter speed of 1/1600 I even managed to get a shot where I can read 'Michelin' on the tyres! Quite proud of that!

Anyway, pics to follow.... :)

Here's a taster:

DSC_4207-01as.jpg

This is one of the non-panning ones I took.

I will start a new thread when I have done the pics properly. Thanks all :)

is that Pizzonia getting it out of shape again or is it Nico Rosberg?

Is the lens really bad over 200mm? normally with the sigma the 'bad' ones are soft at 300

Joe T said:
The Sigma was generally ok, unless used at 200mm+, when it got really soft. :(

I've been reading about this today and doing some testing with my lens (results due up in the next day or two :) )

And I've found that yes, the lens is soft at 200mm+, but only wide open. The trick to sharpen the lens up is to stop down a few stops. Ive read recommendations of at least f7.1 or higher. OK this limits the scope of the lens etc, but it's a little 'workaround', which I suppose is better than nothing :)

My tests today confirmed this btw. :)

Anyway, won't take the thread OT :D

Back