Formula E Battersea Park 28/06/15

Edit My Images
No
The first of many, or a memorable one-off, either way I couldn't miss this one - electric open-wheel racing inside Battersea Park. Obviously always going to be a big challenge shooting through the fences, didn't take a shot from the grandstand all day at more than 1/400, but got a few decent pics out. I also stumbled upon the pit-in road which had no barriers at the bottom and let you stand right by the cars.

Feedback greatly appreciated.

My best 'wide' shots - trying to capture the cars and the surroundings. I only had my 70-300mm lens with me, so couldn't go any wider.

My best close-up from the grandstand:

And some slightly different shots:

For anyone interested, I have a few more pics including some general shots of the circuit construction in my Flickr Gallery - https://www.flickr.com/photos/r-t-c/sets/72157654806532080

I saw about ten minutes of this on tv but it didn't really do it for me. The circuit look as if it would be difficult to photograph too. The close up of Jean-Eric Vergne is my pick these shots.

Like the close up shot, from the coverage on tv it looked like lots of fencing..how was it as a spectator..did they have a pit walk?

I really enjoyed it, there were some big gaps, an inevitable side effect of there only being a single series racing, but they had lots of entertainment on in the fan village, including big free autograph session. We decided to stay to bag good grandstand spots.

I don't think there was a pit walk, but seeing the pits through a fence, they were very small and might have been easily overcrowded.

Back