Formula Renault, what do you think?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello all

I want to recive a lot of comments about this picture.
What do you think? :whistling

32974451-M.jpg

Then I will make some comments my selve.

It might be my blurry eyes this time of the morning but it looks a tad soft.

The shutter speed is spot on, nice blurring of the wheels to give a good sense of movement.

I would be tempted to crop some of the unused space at the top of the frame too.

Nice shot though

it looks sharp enough to me, like DaveG says though there's a lot of space at the top you could get rid of.

If that's with the A70 again it's really quite impressive :)

Ah, now that's much better for the shutter speed!

My comment is that I think it'd look better if it was 3/4 on rather than full side-on. You loose all depth in a shot like this with it being side on.

Good shooting none the less.

Great panning technique used there and just the right amount of motion blur too. Again there is a little bit too much free space above the car but that can easily be cropped.

Excellent shot, especially if it was shot on your A70 :thumb:

i would agree with the comments above, i know how hard it is to get panning right with a DSLR let alone a compact!

well done Pablo

Well, thank you guys for all the comments!

And as I told you on my first post, that I will give some comments later, here they are:

Yes, this picture was taken with my S70, but I was far, so I cropped it (next time I crop the top hehe).

The exif will be:

Model: Canon PowerShot S70
Size: 3072x2304
Bytes: 3445693
Aperture: f/5.3
Focal Length: 20.6875mm (guess: 69mm in 35mm)
Exposure Time: 0.001s (1/1000)
JPEG Quality: 5
Flash: Flash did not fire
Exposure Bias: 0
DigitalZoomRatio: 3072/3072
SensingMethod: One-chip color sensor
ColorSpace: sRGB

As you can see, 1/1000 was to damn fast for this, but I can't get closer in this race. So what I did, was masked, cropped, then added the motion blur, and a little USM filter.

And I think that the result was very good (besides of the crop hehe).

This was a PS enhancement for this picture. May be because I was thrilled not to have a good one from that race. But next time I get on track I hope to be closer like when I go to a rally, were I'm improving a lot with slower speeds.

Later I will post some with slower speeds that are very good from another rally (without processing).

Thanks for all your comments!

Pablo

very impressive pablo, time for a longer zoom perhaps?

Thanks!

EosD,
Actually I'm making a business trip to Canada next week and may be if I found a good deal, I will get the 20D or the XT depending on the price.
And I have a Canon 75-300 USM here, so it will be great! To put it on use again!

SammyC,
thanks a lot, :D

Both the 20D and XT or 350D as its called over here, are excellent cameras but they feel and handle very differently. I would strongly recommend you have a proper hold and play with both cameras before buying either, the money may be an issue but if the camera doesn't feel comfatable your results will not be as good as they should be.

Thanks Steve... actually I have played with both here, I feel better with the size of the 20d, but the 350D with the vertical grip do it fine too. But my wallet and the prices I found will decide... hehehe of course, if I'm comfortable with the camera at the moment of the buy.

;)

Back