Formula Vintage Oulton Park

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
A great day at Oulton Park yesterday for the Vintage Sports Car Club meeting. Perfect weather for racing and a decent crowd made for a very entertaining meeting. As always C&C welcome and encouraged on my images.

1. Old marques
VSCC-Oulton-RC-2018-3.jpg

2.Newer marques
VSCC-Oulton-RC-2018-10.jpg

3 On the limit
VSCC-Oulton-RC-2018-15.jpg

4.Sunshine
VSCC-Oulton-RC-2018-19.jpg

5.Pushing
VSCC-Oulton-RC-2018-32.jpg

6. Car of the day
VSCC-Oulton-RC-2018-36.jpg

7.Closeup
VSCC-Oulton-RC-2018-18.jpg

8.Beautiful light
VSCC-Oulton-RC-2018-45.jpg

Nice set Richard love that last shot I was thinking of going and that's the shot I wanted were you trackside or was it through the fence as when I watched the BSB on TV that area looked out of bounds so did not risk a 4 hour drive.

Nice set Richard love that last shot I was thinking of going and that's the shot I wanted were you trackside or was it through the fence as when I watched the BSB on TV that area looked out of bounds so did not risk a 4 hour drive.

Thanks a lot. I was trackside for these but at Oulton it doesn't make that much difference. I think you'd struggle to get the last shot from the spectator side but I wouldn't say its totally impossible, you can spectate from there at most meetings so you could shoot through the fence. The only ones you absolutely couldn't do as a spectator are #3 and #5, everything else you could get very similar shots without media accreditation. Oulton is absolutely great for spectator photography. Have a look at my British GT thread from a few weeks ago, they were all from the spectator side.

#8 is just fantastic! Fantastic light and composition.

Simon.

Thanks Richard I managed this last year through the fence and wanted the same shot with the cars https://www.flickr.com/photos/gaza62/34408607475/in/album-72157680150024423/

but my concern is the MSV alterations to all its tracks and restricting spectator areas.

I think a lot of it is down the MSV's insurance company. There are a lot of restrictions on where we can stand trackside at Oulton Park now that were not there last season. You could still get that shot through the fence at most meetings.

Number 8 is stunning.

Thanks a lot

#8 is just fantastic! Fantastic light and composition.

Simon.

Thank you

Really enjoyed them all!

Thanks Mike glad you liked them all.

Some great stuff there, I may get around to posting some as I was at that meeting, with slightly more success than my Easter GT shots.

It is a great set, and I love your post processing style. I'm sure we have probably rubbed shoulders at Oulton PArk at some point.

Some great stuff there, I may get around to posting some as I was at that meeting, with slightly more success than my Easter GT shots.

Thanks a lot, I'd love to see your shots from the meeting as well.

It is a great set, and I love your post processing style. I'm sure we have probably rubbed shoulders at Oulton PArk at some point.

Thanks a lot, I'm sure we have! In terms of processing I don't do anything too fancy to them. I shoot RAW, and have my own Lightroom preset which gets applied when the images are imported to Lightroom. After that it's just a case of going through and tweaking any shots that need some further work, but I very rarely start using the adjustment brush or anything like that. I like to try and do most of the work in camera :)

Back