Fort William - lodgings advice required

Edit My Images
Yes
hi, my 11 year old lad and I are about to embark on a mini tour of the highlands tomorrow. We are all sorted apart from a hotel close to or in Fort William. Everything I can see is quoting ~£150 for the 1 night we need. Wednesday 2nd August - twin room

Could Anyone with prior experience in this area let me know of a good cheap place to stay for the night please.

TVM

Have you tried the Ballachulish hotel?

Only 5-10 miles away and it’s always been cheap when I’ve stayed there. Breakfast is included and it ain’t half bad either.

2nd August is a Thursday? Do you want to stay the Wed night or the Thurs night?

There's the youth hostel in Glen Nevis too. Suspect most places are pretty stuffed at present though. If you do decide to camp The Glen Nevis campsite is pretty civilsed. Red squirrel in Glen Coe is nice too.

Can't help with the hotel but if you're going up as far as Loch Ness I can recommend the B852 General Wade's Military Road, stunning scenery and barely a car on it when we were up there easter 2017

Buchanan arms in Drymen for Loch Lomond, Factors Inn just outside Fort William, and Orocco Pier at Queensferry South for Forth Bridge.

Not the cheapest, but all get full marks. Especially Orocco Pier. A beautiful hotel with a view of the bridge to die for. Was able to shoot the sunset and sunrise from my hotel room window (full 4x3’ that opened completely). If I had attached the remote release, I wouldn’t have even had to get out of bed!

Last edited:
Buchanan arms in Drymen for Loch Lomond, Factors Inn just outside Fort William, and Orocco Pier at South Queensferry for Forth Bridge.

Not the cheapest, but all get full marks. Especially Orocco Pier. A beautiful hotel with a view of the bridge to die for. Was able to shoot the sunset and sunrise from my hotel room window (full 4x3’ that opened completely). If I had attached the remote release, I wouldn’t have even had to get out of bed!
Corrected that for you :LOL: (I can see the bridges from my living room window so local to me.)

As you say its a very nice part of the country you have visited, just don’t tell everyone, we like rhe peace and quiet up here :LOL:

Back