Forth Bridges Pano

Edit My Images
No
Finally got round to putting these 3 shots together. Final print is 25 inches wide.

FR.jpg

Thanks for looking

Trev

Last edited:
Trev, that is a top photo. Love the the way the light diffuses from the Forth bridge and the general colouring. Excellent. (y)(y)

Andy

PS any more Orkney shots yet? :)

Wow! That really is spectacular!!

What process/program did you use to create the pano?

Neil

:agree:, that's really good, I like it a lot (y)

Thanks Neil,

Just used the photomerge in CS3 seems to get better results.

I used to use Canons Photostitch but it always seemed to require a lot of fine fixing afterwards. With CS3 it appears to sort out the blending giving it a much more even lighting

Thanks Neil,

Just used the photomerge in CS3 seems to get better results.

I used to use Canons Photostitch but it always seemed to require a lot of fine fixing afterwards. With CS3 it appears to sort out the blending giving it a much more even lighting

Brilliant, thanks (y). I'll try some pano work out in CS3 then, I had been wondering what to use for the best.

Neil

The light in the sky to the right of the railway bridge catches my eye too much.

Otherwise a really stunning image.

Mike, It was a fog bank coming in from the north sea. And I dont think it would be fair to start removing from what was actually there. The unfortunate thing is, these spotlights at the foot of the rail bridge catch everything

Cheers PC, going to try a full size print tonight

Last edited:
Mike, It was a fog bank coming in from the north sea. And I dont think it would be fair to start removing from what was actually there. The unfortunate thing is, these spotlights at the foot of the rail bridge catch everything.........

Didn't realise it was fog and your are probably right to leave it in, it just was the first thing to catch my eye.

As I said, the rest of it was simply stunning.

makes me want to head there for sunset tonight, really good pic well done.

Michael

Cheers Mike and Stressless

Mike I know what you mean. The spotlights make the fog come to an almost sudden stop with a defined edge from the lights and looks out of place on the small image, on the full size one its more of a gradual transition.

Great shot(y)
Really like that

Nice panorama :)

The glow does look a bit odd. Can you tell from the larger version that it is because of fog catching the light as I couldn't from this version?

cool. which lens? 10-20mm?

Thanks Robert, Galaxy and Dean

Robert in answer to your question yes you can see the mist quite easily on the full size print

Dean, It was the Sigma 17 - 35mm on Eos20D @ 17mm end. I eventually got rid of the lens because I used to get a purple spot on images taken in bright light, even with the Hood on, I opted for the Sigma 15 - 30mm which has been great.

Once we start getting the mist coming in again in a few weeks I'm going to head back down with the f/f camera and see how it performs

Back