'Fortnightly' Assignment: "TIME".........Talkie bit

Edit My Images
Yes
This bit for Discussion then please.........

And I'll start the ball rolling.......

I STILL CANT WORK OUT HOW TO DO THE POLLS!!!!!!:bang: :bang: :sulk: :amstupid:

damn, herb garden can go back outside...

End date was not in Calendar ? :thinking:

Duly added ... hope that is not presumptious of me ... !
:p

thanks jewel, nothing stopping you doing your thing with an egg timer, go on, give it a go.

Well I had the same idea as FB but since my photography skills arent quite up to my beauitfully dark imagination, Ive gone in the opposite direction in PS & am posting it up in the meantime until I can find something else.

excellent ideas all round here, i like Boons idea, my kind of out the box thinking, nice!

Ok, this is going to be extended slightly, probably until tuesday as I'm off on a stag weekend in a few moments, and *somebody* broke my ability to make the polls. (also I haven't got my shot done yet!)

Gandhi said:
Ok, this is going to be extended slightly, probably until tuesday as I'm off on a stag weekend in a few moments, and *somebody* broke my ability to make the polls. (also I haven't got my shot done yet!)

sounds good to me. i have an idea, but havent gotten round to actually taking the picture yet:eek:

enjoys the stag night:beer: :beer: :beer:

Well, for what it's worth. Hope I got it in on time

Weeeeeeellllllll, it goes a bit like this. Haven't managed to get my shot, yet.

But I can't close this until somebody *cough* fixes my ability to create polls after bod broke it lol.

i got it Spence....having a small connection at home issue...

Right then, this round is now officially closed!!!!!!!

I'm gonna put the poll in the other thread so y'all can see the pictures you're voting on.

Voted ... and some real decent pics there peeps ... (y)

Nice to see some outa box thinking too ... :clap:

Shamefully I didn't have time to fit mine in :naughty: (can you believe that !?! :shake: ) ... knew what I wanted to go for too ... :nuts:

:p

See, my idea was some sort of pub related 'time ladies and gentleman PURLEASE ' thing. Too busy gettin sozzled to pull it off though lol.

I've voted.

Gandhi, I love how you put fortnightly in inverted commas! :D

Swiftwind said:
I've voted.

Gandhi, I love how you put fortnightly in inverted commas! :D

well, had to be done really. Get done for mis-representation otherwise!

I need some ideas for the poll for the next round guys and gals...........

Either that or the choices will be

Bath,
Piers,
interiors,
Canals,
Coastlines,
Petrol stations,
etc.

Gandhi said:
I need some ideas for the poll for the next round guys and gals...........

Either that or the choices will be

Bath,
Piers,
interiors,
Canals,
Coastlines,
Petrol stations,
etc.
Well we all have interiors obviously but Wolverhampton is sadly lacking in coastlines & piers, lol!
What about considering the addition of some of these ...

Childhood memories,
Toys,
Amusing animal shots,
Persons in uniform ... oooh err!!!!
Hands,
Tools (of your trade, or garden equipment etc.)
Nightlife.

Thanks for the suggestions peeps. Anybody got anymore before I put a poll up so we can choose for the next round?

Sean & Trinity..........I'm really sorry guys but the entries for that round had closed before you posted your images. Probably my bad as I should've put a closed note at the bottom of the shots thread. Shame really as they're both really strong shots.

More suggestions:

patterns in architechture
windows & doors
abstract
early morning
market day
patterns in nature
primary colours
reflections
old & new

Well I think the votings finished, the jury have met and the decisions are:

1st Place - Forbidden Biker (Streets ahead) - THE TIME LORD!
2nd Place - Boon (closing at the last furlong)
Joint 3rd Place - Inaglo and Me (nattering to each other too much)

All we need now is Gandhi to check the numbers and the prizes can be awarded. ;)

WELL DONE everyone!! - some really good pics - and some excellent takes on a theme

Lol, I'm sooooo, rubbish! I thought I'd set this to run until sunday but I must've gotten my days of the week mixed up!

Apologies peeps.

I hereby declare Adam (FB) the true Timelord, Boon, inaglo and KIM are his lovely assistants (don't say k9) and the rest of us are a bunch of cybermen!

Thanks to all those that managed to get something together in time. Usually high standards and nice to see some people thinking outside of the box. I may even enter the next round myself, now that would be a turn up.

And so to the next round........Please vote!

Just call me The Doctor :D

Thanks for voting for my shot everyone, I had no idea how it would go down so well...so I was a little surprised when I saw the votes to be honest.... well pleased with myself though… which is nice. :)

I couldn't decide what to go for at first but I was thinking along the lines of erosion and decay and ended up in the local cemetery, I took about 50 shots of various compositions mainly trying to capture the erosion and somehow the inevitable stillness of the place, if that make sense.

Anyway, I chose this shot because it seemed to convey the staggering numbers of buried and the overwhelming bleakness of the cemetery. I find this particular cemetery so powerfully conveys the finality of everyone within it that it’s impossible to think of any thing else but Time and the passing of time and the inevitable ending.

So I’m hoping you guys felt that also.. Did you? …perchance :D

no FB, i thought it was crap, and mine should have won:LOL:
i have taken many shots like yours before, i used to be in a forum called ' dark siders' and i posted loads of this type of photo, i love em, the inevitable end for us all, the stillness, the solitude, the end..

Boon youre so wrong ... it was mine that should have won! :LOL:
Actually, I knew just the cemetary I wanted for this but none of my pics really captured it.
As soon as I saw FB's shot, I thought ... 'Thats what I was trying to get'. So big well done FB, and yes it does capture the bleakness & finality!

Well done FB :clap:
I liked the processing of your shot and I think you managed to portray the subject (and what you talked about) perfectly.

well done everyone who entered, some cracking shots there, and some which took some thinking about too.
i must be carefull now, won one, second in another, better not enter any more, people will say i know what i'm doing..

Back