The TP 52 Guidelines Forum maintenance March 15th 2023 anomaly reports.

Cobra

In Memoriam. TPer Emeritus
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
Talk Photography is due for essential maintenance, on this coming Wednesday. the 15th.
Hopefully the disruption will be minimal, over the following days,
but inevitably, there will be some down time. We hope this will short lived.
Reports and any updates can be found on our facebook page HERE

If anyone spots any issues / has any issues or questions, following the downtime,
Please report them in here, keeping it all in one place will be easier to keep track.
Thanks

After a few early hic-cups, as you have spotted, we are now back in business,
thanks to T'other Chris's ( @sirch ) hard work.

Yes we know the search function is not working at present, the list takes a fair while to populate.
Your'll need to bare bear with us on that one, for awhile.
Thanks for your patience.

Last edited:
After a few early hic-cups, as you have spotted, we are now back in business,
thanks to T'other Chris's ( @sirch ) hard work.

Yes we know the search function is not working at present, the list takes a fair while to populate.
Your'll need to bare with us on that one, for awhile.
Thanks for your patience.
Echoing that but unable to help myself from clarifying that we are not all naturists ("bare with us"), but please bear with us in respect of any glitches. It's been a major update and a bit fraught at times, Chris @sirch has been doing great work whilst doing his day job as well, so big Thank You to him

Echoing that but unable to help myself from clarifying that we are not all naturists ("bare with us")
I guess its just me then :D

I guess its just me then :D

I'll go as far as an unmentionable item of gentleman's swimwear...

On a more serious note, the "As 2022 comes to a close, we would like to wish you all a happy New Year, and..." announcement has reappeared but that could be because I had cancelled it a while back but have now re-logged in.

ETA. Seems to have vanished now.

I said don't mention it :p

On a more serious note, the "As 2022 comes to a close,
Its the elastic search doing its own thing.
Hopefully it'll settle down by the end of the day :)

Just tried a search and it found what I was looking for but it was just for f/1.8. I'd guess that the full repopulation might take a while longer! (TBH, I don't search that often.)

Just tried a search and it found what I was looking for but it was just for f/1.8. I'd guess that the full repopulation might take a while longer! (TBH, I don't search that often.)
It seems its still running but making progress. :)

Reactions: Nod

On a more serious note, the "As 2022 comes to a close, we would like to wish you all a happy New Year, and..." announcement has reappeared but that could be because I had cancelled it a while back but have now re-logged in.

ETA. Seems to have vanished now.
I noticed that earlier today and forgot to fix it, I think you are correct that it was reappearing if you were logged out, I've disabled it

I am right - sometimes!!! :p

Now I'm logged in, it's gone.

It may just be my imagination, but everything feels just a bit snappier than yesterday

P.S. Sorry, this neither a bug, nor an issue. NFA required. :)

Last edited:
Little pics...logged in...all OK.;)
When fast scrolling down an image thread the pics now load instantly and not when you reach the bottom/latest thread.

Last edited:
It may just be my imagination, but everything feels just a bit snappier than yesterday

P.S. Sorry, this neither a bug, nor an issue. NFA required. :)

Little pics...logged in...all OK.;)
When fast scrolling down an image thread the pics now load instantly and not when you reach the bottom/latest thread.
2 Happy customers, that's what we like to hear :)

I must say, it does seem quicker to me too. I think we made a good decision on what we've just done by the look of it.

It was all @sirch in this case, Cobra and I were on the sidelines like anxious parents! He did a great job.

It's been :tumbleweed:all day . Not knowing when:thinking: and if the forum will be up and running:runaway:, but now it is:banana:a big :ty: from me:)

I must say, it does seem quicker to me too. I think we made a good decision on what we've just done by the look of it.
It certainly seems to be running smoother (y)

Cobra and I were on the sidelines like anxious parents! He did a great job.
I gotta say that I didn't realise quite how stressed I was till it was all over, And we were just testing the results,
as Chris was poking prodding and chasing the dammed hamster all over the place, trying to get her back in her cage :D

Last edited:
Has the limit for uploading images been reduced?
Keeps saying file too large for the server to process.
Doing it with images I uploaded without issue yesterday....

Has the limit for uploading images been reduced?
Keeps saying file too large for the server to process.
Doing it with images I uploaded without issue yesterday....
Not that we are aware of. Can you give details of file size and longest edge in px please, so we can check/test?

One of the images that worked prior to the update is 7.97mb and 4032x3024
Well I'm surprised that worked!
1024px on the longest side and less than 500kb if its an attachment.

Last edited:
I've edited an image to 806x604
And it still won't upload.
How are you doing it? Drag and drop or the attach files button at the bottom of the reply box?
The insert image ( mountain looking thing) at the top, has always been erratic, as far as uploads go.
I just drag and dropped your bike image into here...
1024px & 223kb

20230311_140805.jpg

Last edited:
How are you doing it? Drag and drop or the attach files button at the bottom of the reply box?
The insert image ( mountain looking thing) at the top, has always been erratic, as far as uploads go.
I just drag and dropped your bike image into here...
1024px & 223kb

View attachment 384040
I tried both....Screenshot_20230316_004227_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Is that the app or in a browser? if a browser which one?

Hmm... 99% sure I posted my 52 entry into the main thread yesterday but it wasn't there this morning. I'm NOT discounting that 1% of doubt though!

Just tried it as well. If it's longer than 1024 px but under the 500kb you get the oops it's too big with firefox. I remember it being a pain.

Auto resize would be useful but I don't know what over head that would create or whether it could be a browser based action so it wasn't over loading the forum.

It still seems quicker than before to me, but I'll experiment...
Just opened new browser windows in FF, Chrome and Edge and went to new forums/threads with images, all really fast. Something to monitor, but could be anything really

Last edited:
Google chrome
I just uploaded an image which met the 1024px, <500k requirement using Chrome on Android and it worked fine. How are you resizing them? Are you sure you are selecting the resized image?

Thanks Linsay, as I said it might be just my imagination.
I just timed a couple of clicks to load pages, new (not visited today) pages are taking around 6 seconds to load, re-visits or back to clicks are almost instant. I have cleared my cashe after trying and it is the same. My broadband download speed is 46.9 Mbps, upload 18.9.

Loading as normal for me.

There is an anomaly with the SSL certificate though. I checked the site via GT Metrix which is very useful.

Back