Fotheringhay church Northamptonshire

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
New to DSLR photography and this was my first shoot with my new set-up.

8470137633_c7c5b725be_c.jpg

8471232562_84341b3327_c.jpg

8470137843_87a12ee54c_c.jpg

Nikon D7000 16-85mm

Last edited:
Nice,

Have friends live very nearby in Nassington,

Some nice history in that area (& Jeremy Clarksons mom, apparently)

If it wasn't for the local radio talking about this church, I wouldn't even have considered going there! I'm told Thrapston church is worth a viewing.

Many memories of stopping off here on our boat, named Fotheringhay funnily enough, on our summer holiday cruise when I was kid. Used to do Ghost walks with my dad and also used to play the organ inside the church if the old boy who played it was in practicing when we were there!!

First shot is the best of the bunch :)

Many memories of stopping off here on our boat, named Fotheringhay funnily enough, on our summer holiday cruise when I was kid. Used to do Ghost walks with my dad and also used to play the organ inside the church if the old boy who played it was in practicing when we were there!!

First shot is the best of the bunch :)

At the risk of being boring, I went back there on Sunday as the light was brilliant.

8481487683_3304e05cfa_c.jpg

I like the first one a lot. The second, I would straighten by rotating clockwise.
The last one you've posted could do with a counter clockwise straighten, or is the church on the wee wee in real life? Nice light though :)

I like the first one a lot. The second, I would straighten by rotating clockwise.
The last one you've posted could do with a counter clockwise straighten, or is the church on the wee wee in real life? Nice light though :)

Ha ha, I had a go at straightening but just couldn't get right. I can live with it but I remember a teacher used to say to me "must try harder".

Like the lead in on the first one & the second just needs a quick rotation. I keep meaning to pop over there as it's not far from me either.

I did a search for the prettyest villages in Northamptonshire and Cotterstock kept coming up so I went there last Sunday but was a bit dissapointed so drove back to Fotheringhay, and it wont be the last time I go there.

Cotterstock in flood.
8482579278_14a212b855.jpg

Back