Found you all

Name
Rick
Edit My Images
Yes
Afternoon

Past couple of days I have been wondering who to ask for advice on new camera equipment then thought find a forum!

Hoping to get advice from you all and keep up to date with all this photography!

I have a canon eos d2000 with the standard kit lens just bought the 50mm 1.8f canon lens the other week.

I want to focus on landscape and Astro photography and looking for a new lens for that.

Other than that hi!

hi Rick, welcome!
you have two lenses that are capable for landscape (kit lens) and Astro (50 1.8) already, so I would make a start with them and only look for more lenses when you need to do something that they can’t do. Makes sense?

hi Rick, welcome!
you have two lenses that are capable for landscape (kit lens) and Astro (50 1.8) already, so I would make a start with them and only look for more lenses when you need to do something that they can’t do. Makes sense?
Hey thanks!

I am relatively new to photography watching YouTube tutorials and ready books. The other week I took pictures of the lyrid meteors and caught the best shot I’ll probably ever take (beginners luck and all that!)

Thanks for the welcome, looking forward to getting involved and learning more.

Attachments

• F6416B88-6FEC-4AFA-8042-50C84051EEB7.jpeg
    F6416B88-6FEC-4AFA-8042-50C84051EEB7.jpeg
    55.8 KB · Views: 17
Hi Rick and welcome

You did well with that meteor photo, won't always be like that :)
If you haven't already think about getting a spare battery, they don't last as long out on a cold night

Hi Rick, And welcome aboard TP. "Enjoy".

Welcome to the forum Rick, enjoy :welcome:

Back