Four from Cumbria

Name
Mark Littlejohn
Edit My Images
No
As with my previous posts a bit of a mix from the Eden Valley and the Lake District.

Any critique welcome.

5243131573_444b189f91_b.jpg

5241070727_6cd4493a43_b.jpg

5235456708_d6d69886d9_b.jpg

5214098142_85248d7dde_b.jpg

Perfection... these are destined to be printed and placed on your walls!

Oh WOW!!! These are absolutely stunning, well done :clap:

#1 is breathtaking and I love it and if it was mine, would be one I would print, frame and hang on the wall. Where did you take this pic?

In #2 the tree looks like Jack Frost saying 'come give us a hug'. It is great how you managed to capture the feel of the cold in this image.

Great composition in #3 and that tree is great!

Fantastic reflection in #4, and lovely colours. It's a pity about the twigs/grass at the bottom right of this pic which are a bit distracting for me, but not sure if there is much you could do about them. Again, where was this one shot?

I love Cumbria and the Eden Valley area.

A great set you have here, and one you should be proud of.

Thanks for sharing these with us.

Cheers

Dawn :)

Cheers :)

No 1 is Ullswater looking down towards Patterdale from about 400 yards short of Aira beck.

No 4 is the River Brathay just after dawn, about 3 or 400 yards from Elterwater. A bonny spot.

Cheers :)

No 1 is Ullswater looking down towards Patterdale from about 400 yards short of Aira beck.

No 4 is the River Brathay just after dawn, about 3 or 400 yards from Elterwater. A bonny spot.

Thanks, I will have to visit the area some time. I would love to get some photos similar to these.

Cheers

Dawn :)

I can take or leave the last one, in other company it would probably be fine and very appealing image. In the company of first three it's just too far off the pace though.

Each of those is a wonderful, atmospheric, visual feast.

1, 2 and 4 are great - I have to say I don't really like 3 - the tree isn't very appealing to me and there is a lack of colour/interest imo.

I really like 2 but is there some ND Grad darkening the top of the tree? I could be imagining it.

I also find the reeds in the bottom right corner of 4 a teensy bit distracting.

Really very nice stuff though.

Great set of images, particularly love the colors on the first one, would have preferred some more light and foreground detail

Wow! As a total newbie, it's pics like these that inspired me to take photography up in the first place.(y)

They are really brilliant! First is for me! Don't know why, but it made me think about Norwegian fjords...

I love them all for different reasons but No.2 is just magnificent

Thanks folks - Appreciate the positive comments. Put a smile back on my face after one of 'those' days :)

Number 2 is stunning for me. I love the tones of the photo, the tree looks fantastic covered in frost!

I would definately print this out if it was mine!

Cheers again folks.

I tried lightening No1 to see what it was like. In my opinion it lost a bit of the mood. Having printed No2 yesterday I'd agree that it is a touch dark. It was only edited slightly but I think I should have done some lens correction on it to remove some of the slight vignette caused by the polariser.

Printed No 1 at A4 and it has come out more or less exactly as I wanted - going to pursuade a pal with an A3+ printer to give it a go as I'm quite happy with it. I'm pleased I splashed water over all the rocks first as without the slight reflection of the rock in the foreground I think it would have been too dark - even for me. Bloody cold hands though as I'd forgotten my gloves as well.

First three are excellent photos. love the lighting in 1 & 2 and composition in 3.

All excellent shots..................but I have to single out No2 as just....WOW!

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Back