Fourth Challenge for the Days Ahead - Winners Announced

Dark Star

TPer Emeritus
Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Well our last winner Dave is hopefully in midair with Julie as I type en route to Cuba - in a plane of course :D

He asked me to represent him if he won and kick off challenge #4

His suggestion for this challenge is:

ABSTRACT

So I thought I'd look it up and found this as a reasonable definition:

A trend in painting and sculpture in the twentieth century. Abstract art seeks to break away from traditional representation of physical objects. It explores the relationships of forms and colors, whereas more traditional art represents the world in recognizable images.

So as previously please post up to 3 images in this thread after 8 pm on Wednesday 5th Feb and the challenge will close at 8 pm on Sunday 8th Feb with a winner announced that night!

Hope thats time enough :)

I think its a good choice and a favourite subject of mine I'm glad to say. From my own experience, I find abstracts can be shot anywhere: inside, outside and anywhere in between with any lens :) Its all in the eye :)

So have fun and get those thinking caps on :D

Thinking cap is on.... good choice of subject.

I'm in, it's the only way I can get comments on my pics.

Excellent stuff - lets crank those numbers up for Dave (who's now probably in Cuba sinking some exotic cocktail with Julie :D)

A reminder : Abstract Images can be posted in here in 10 mins time :)

Lets do it for Dave :D

Ok, It looks like I might be first off the line here...

IMG_1548.jpg

IMG_1597.jpg

IMG_1601.jpg

Good luck everyone

Oh no... :help: ;)

Hey I just realised do I get a go or do I just judge :) Not sure when Daves back :)

I like that Anna...

Good question John ...

Here's our hallway - zoomed in whilst taking shot. I know its probably crap but its my first effort at abstract or a comp.

3255853060_ab9063e18b_o.jpg

Not got around to doing anything yet, too busy. Will have a go at the weekend.

Just one from me - I'd forgotten about this so this is an old photo:

Picture023.jpg

And a new image ;)

IMG_0260.jpg

I thought the whole idea was to take them specifically for the topic rather than rehash old pics :shake:

Now I'm not entirely sure if these fit the theme as I've never intentionally tried to take an abstract shot before but I tried to do what the definition said: concentrate on form and colour... I think :thinking:

P1040670.jpg

P1040674.jpg

EDIT:

I hope changing your entries is ok as I've decided to throw in something a bit different to the leaves...

P1040707.jpg

I'd like to play as well but my energy saving bulbs are making unwanted shadows on my knobbly bits so i'll post my pic's tomorrow when i can take 'em outside.

Top images so far (y)

AllBarOne, very good, I like that
SpidersEye, I like it
DS, Love the leaves, the colours and shapes work well.
Jenny, love the light from underneath
Ruth, excellent set.
Another great set of entries

yes you should:LOL: your bruised one at that

Ive been playing.....colours look better in lightroom than on here though :thinking:

abstract1.jpg

Thank you :)

now guess what it is

Looks like a stack of J cloths :) or some kind of Mega Duster :D

nope.....

(you dont do much housework then) :D

Feedback.

Created this post, left the message blank and photographed the empty space in macro. Edited the post and put this image where the blank space had been.

feedback.jpg

ian

Back