Fox gets bored of me

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
No
So I drove in to work this morning and as I pulled into the parking space I spotted a fox on the grass bank just in front of my car. She (at least that what I am guessing!) stood in front of my car whilst I snuck out to the boot where my camera was (thankfully!).

She blatantly posed for this one:

But soon got distracted:

Then got bored:

Then went to bed!:

all in the space of about a minute!!!

After she laid down I crept backwards and left her to it. She was gone by lunchtime when I returned to my car but I feel like taking a raw egg to work for her tomorrow as payment for posing for me!

Thanks for looking and feel free to leave comments/criticism.

Gary

Lovely shots, #1, #2 & #4 are great.

Wow you lucky devil love the light and clarity on these i would be tempted to take her a whole chicken :clap::clap:

It looks in good nick for a urban fox,,,,,,and it looks like you got to within ten feet ,you did get lucky.

Last edited:
Great poses Gary (y)
Well spotted and captured, especially #2 :)

fabulous set (y) and it must have been delightful to have been presented with the oppurtunity

Sweet :)

Absolutely beautiful shots Gary, I love no.4 she looks so at ease and peaceful.

Knowing where you work Gary there are lots of fields and countryside, but there is also lots of fast traffic past Fords and then there is the A127, lets hope she stays safe.

Lovely shots, #1, #2 & #4 are great.

Thanks Gramps (y)

Wow you lucky devil love the light and clarity on these i would be tempted to take her a whole chicken :clap::clap:

I wouldn't go that far, a whole chicken for 1 minute! Still, I left two eggs for her in the shade. Hopefully she finds them before they turn hard boiled! Thanks for dropping by Ann.

It looks in good nick for a urban fox,,,,,,and it looks like you got to within ten feet ,you did get lucky.

There's quite a bit of green space around here Dennis and a lot of it is not really accesible to people. She was only a few feet in front of my car and I was by my front wheel so <10' sounds about right. Thanks for the comments.

These shots are great

I think so too Trish (y)

Great poses Gary (y)
Well spotted and captured, especially #2 :)

Hi Chris, #2 is my Mum's favorite as well so you're in good company there!

I did try the story line but I'm still learning from the master :notworthy:

fabulous set (y) and it must have been delightful to have been presented with the oppurtunity

Very much so Bob, I was itching to get home and check the images on the PC and make sure I didn't mess them up :LOL:

Thank you for commenting (y)

A man of many words but I do appreciate the one you picked :D

Absolutely beautiful shots Gary, I love no.4 she looks so at ease and peaceful.

Knowing where you work Gary there are lots of fields and countryside, but there is also lots of fast traffic past Fords and then there is the A127, lets hope she stays safe.

Hi Martin, I was a bit dumbstruck that she layed down in the shade of the tree while I was there. Such a delight to know I didn't bother her.

This car park is about a mile from the A127 and there's a big green space leading off the back of it. When I was out one lunchtime a couple of months back I saw a fox cub run out from between some bushes, may even been one of hers (and the reason she escaped to the car park for some peace!)

Very much so Bob, I was itching to get home and check the images on the PC and make sure I didn't mess them up :LOL:

Know that feeling :LOL:

Hi Chris, #2 is my Mum's favorite as well so you're in good company there!
Great minds and all that (y)

I did try the story line but I'm still learning from the master :notworthy:

Not bad Gary, not bad.
I do have one, for it, and I could edit your post if you like (y)
(chances are you'd get banned though, so perhaps its best left as is :D)

Cracking shots Gary, what an evil look in that first one :eek:

If it's an urban fox you might be better cooking the egg first or taking a jam sarnie :D

Last edited:
great shots! :)

Thanks Cal, much appreciated (y)

great series, lovely quality

Cheers Neil.

Not bad Gary, not bad.
I do have one for it, and I could edit your post if you like (y)
(chances are you'd get banned though, so perhaps its best left as is :D)

:eek:

The mind boggles!

Nice little story and some great shots to illustrate it.

Thanks Mum

Cracking shots Gary, what an evil look in that first one :eek:

If it's an urban fox you might be better cooking the egg first or taking a jam sarnie :D

Hi Ingrid, now you mention it, that first one can look a bit menacing. I just saw sleepy before!

Tried the jam sandwich this morning and a pup ran out and grabbed it :LOL::p

Tried the jam sandwich this morning and a pup ran out and grabbed it :LOL::p

So where's the pictures :shrug:

Seriously with urban foxes they seem to prefer the same stuff the scavange
was told this by a wild life place a few years back when a mangy fox appeared in my garden that we beleive was an urban release.
Needed to get it eating left out food so it could be treated

So where's the pictures :shrug:

Seriously with urban foxes they seem to prefer the same stuff the scavange
was told this by a wild life place a few years back when a mangy fox appeared in my garden that we beleive was an urban release.
Needed to get it eating left out food so it could be treated

Oh, I will bear that in mind. Not that I plan on leaving any food out for her soon. She didn't come back to say thanks for the eggs. The ungrateful vixen :D

Thanks Laurence, thanks Nic.

Spotted her again when I left work today. Thankfully had the camera again!!!

Back